Who will run in 2020?

This is probably the only real answer.

Yes. What part of ā€œDr. Oz is a charlatan with whom one should not dealā€ donā€™t you understand?

2 Likes

The part where the goal is getting your message out to his audience.

Maybe he should go on Alex Jones.

Yes, Dr. Oz = Alex Jones.

We have some deep thinkers ITT.

The fact that Yang thinks he needs the audience of Dr. Oz is disqualifying.

1 Like

The fact you donā€™t think the Democrats should be building a large coalition of normal people is disqualifying.

1 Like

The fact that you think Dr. Oz people watch that for politics is disqualifying.

Please cite where I said people tune into Dr. Oz specifically for politics.

Blah. Oz is a quack. I would rather see Yang on other non-political places like TMZ or The Breakfast Club, but I understand what heā€™s trying to do, just think heā€™s going about it the wrong way.

Also, itā€™s a mystery? I guess? (this is not an anti-Bernie or pro-Pete article, itā€™s mostly just numbers and interviews with switchers, actually very little injected opinion on the part of the reporter)
https://time.com/5686143/ideology-democratic-voters-presidential-candidates/

Honest answer is that if he wants to do crap appearances like this he should be trying to get on Oprahā€™s Super Soul Sunday, Colbert, or Fallon or something if theyā€™d give him the time of day.

As for your cite, most people probably hit DVR fast forward when they hear ā€˜running for prezā€™ who watch shows like that. One of the most media savvy things you can do is to know your audience. That means not wasting time with people who are literally not your audience.

The fact that Oz thinks heā€™s worthy of having the show does not come across as a positive for Yang, no matter what you think. The fact that Yang thinks going on Oz is a solid choice also does not come across as a positive, no matter what you think.

1 Like

This is some hard hitting data you are posting.

These crap appearances are ok but that Dr. Oz, thats where I draw the line!

This is actually into my ā€œkinda feel bad for himā€ territory:

https://twitter.com/rpyers/status/1184192465777020929?s=20

1 Like

Mayor Pete went on the View, right? Donā€™t really see how going on The View is any different than going on Dr. Oz. Big platforms where you can reach a bunch of people who really arenā€™t too tuned into politics. Going on their program isnā€™t an endorsement for everything theyā€™ve ever said or done. I mean Joe Rogan believes in Bigfoot and Bernie and Yang went on his show. Other candidates should too. I think if a candidate thinks that they will get a fair shot to explain their views to a big platform they should go for it. Even if it is on Dr. Oz or Fox News or wherever. You never know who is watching or who you might reach.

2 Likes

I hope candidate donā€™t start going on Ellen. Game over then.

Donā€™t feel bad, he raised that $5 from 1,000,000 donors each donating 0.0005 cents, giving him a small donor base to rival top tier Democratic candidates.

1 Like

Maybe Yang could make a name for himself by building a track record as a elected public official like everyone else.

2 Likes

DING DING DING

Get out your pitch forks everyone.

2 Likes