Who will run in 2020?

in unrelated but hilarious news…the headline is about Hunter, but the buried lede is that they didn’t endorse ANYONE, because none of the four got a majority…and Issa got ZERO votes. Also, the recap of the “debate” is just absolute gold. Though I resent being called “Trump before Trump was Trump”.

Two hours after a debate pitting Hunter and his challengers — former Rep. Darrell Issa, state Sen. Brian Jones and former San Diego Councilman Carl DeMaio — the 49-member Central Committee gave no 50th District candidate the needed two-thirds support, or 33 votes.

The breakdown wasn’t made public. But The San Diego Union-Tribune reported a results photo showing DeMaio with 21 votes, and Hunter and Jones with 14 each, leaving Issa with none.

1 Like

Was going to guess AOC, and then I noticed that she liked the tweet. Should be an interesting event.

1 Like

Yang doesn’t have the spine to say no TO DOCTOR FUCKING OZ let alone someone with real power.

6 Likes

Yang is so anti-establishment he’s also against the medical establishment.

8 Likes

Didn’t watch the interview. What did Dr Oz say that Yang should of said no to?

“Would you like to come on my show”

13 Likes

Yang isn’t turning down any big audiences until his name recognition is way higher. Expecting him to isn’t fair. He went on with Ben Shapiro (and did great weirdly) ffs.

How else should he get his message out to Dr. Oz’s following?

Any way other than implicitly endorsing a charlatan.

2 Likes

Could you name other ways please?

He could masturbate in Times Square.

How would that get his political message out to Dr. Oz’s audience?

Oz probably pulls in no more than 2 million viewers these days, so less than 2/3 of Rachel Maddow’s audience, or a little lower than Lawrence. If he wants to go on Fox News, he could probably get about 1/3 more than Oz if he were on Hannity or Carlson.

Chances are that not a huge part of Oz’s audience follows politics closely, so they are unique viewers I guess even if they have no interest in what he’s saying.

Oz would talk about the health benefits of public masturbation.

People who don’t follow politics vote.

I would guess the majority of voters don’t follow politics closely.

Yard signs
bumper stickers
billboards
TV advertisements on non-Dr.-Oz programming
Debate appearances
NYT OpEds
Door knocking
Stump speeches
Mailers
Securing endorsements from prominent politicians
Securing endorsements from political and news media outlets
Sky writing
Blimps
Milk carton missing persons labels
Craigslist listings
YouTube videos
Viral tweets
Just happening to be on hand at the trailer park for a local news interview after the tornado hits.

I feel like there are still several hundred spaces from the bottom of your list to Dr. Oz, or at least dozens.

Announce Marianne Williamson is your VP

4 Likes

So you think it makes more sense to do all the things you listed including tornado chasing than to spend 10 minutes on his show and reach his following directly?

Man that’s an elite response.