Who will run in 2020?

Texts are most common, followed by phone and in person canvassing. Have received mailings from some candidates too.

I’m actually kind of jealous. voters here are just completely zoned out…while people in Iowa actually seem to pay attention and take their role as first in the country quite seriously.

The only time I ever feel like i’d want to live in Iowa is presidential primary season. lmao i’m a nerd

1 Like

Does the campaign’s name show up on the phone calls?

No, just shows up as whatever number they’re calling from. I assume texts and calls are all just staffers or volunteers on their cell phones.

I was wondering as I get lots of calls but no names. I figure most are polls. I don’t answer any of them so I guess I’m missing out.

I’m with you but I work in a job where I have to answer numbers I don’t recognize so I end up receiving more of these than most I imagine. I also get lots of random calls with people speaking different languages, concerns about my credit card account, wrong numbers, etc.

1 Like

Iowa’s not so bad. Like most places it’s what you make of it. It’s definitely more rural and small town than many would be used to but it’s also not the dead zone that the plains states to the west are.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/joe-biden-trump-wont-destroy-me-and-he-wont-destroy-my-family/2019/10/05/9544b9a4-e7cc-11e9-a6e8-8759c5c7f608_story.html

Our first president, George Washington, famously could not tell a lie. President Trump seemingly cannot tell the truth — about anything.

This isn’t just an academic exercise in political theory. A president who puts his self-interest ahead of the public good and the nation’s security poses a threat to the daily lives of every American.

While the House does its job on impeachment, I’m going to stay focused on what matters: remaking education so every child in the country is equipped to succeed in the 21st century; getting weapons of war off the streets and ending the epidemic of gun violence; building on Obamacare so that every American has access to quality, affordable health care; taking on the climate emergency imperiling the planet; and much more. I’m going to fight to ensure that the United States is once again the leader of the free world; a champion of democracy; and the bulwark of a stable, peaceful international order.

And to Trump and those who facilitate his abuses of power, and all the special interests funding his attacks against me: Please know that I’m not going anywhere. You won’t destroy me, and you won’t destroy my family. And come November 2020, I intend to beat you like a drum.

lol i can’t wait for these debates.

Do you know who will destroy you Joe? You, that’s who.

1 Like

Living in New England, I feel the same way about New Hampshire.

oh no baby, what you do?

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1181207967363997698?s=20

LOL YANG. Get outta here.

4 Likes

He’s made a whole lot of people dumber too…

2 Likes

The intersection between techbros and classic retail snakeoil salesmen is so uncomfortably close.

1 Like

Disqualifying.

2 Likes

pEtE bUtTiGiEg Is A cEnTrIsT cOrPoRaTe ShIlL

1 Like

“Affordable Medicine for All”

Never change Pete.

its happening?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181571571787403265

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1181645880983732224

1 Like

Who would want Trump to do his job?

I wonder how much money HRC has on herself on predicit atm