Who will run in 2020?

Which is pretty awesome for that age range. Better than I ever thought possible. Hoping the trend continues.

I feel like we’ve always thought currently boomer-age people were going to vote at twice the rate as people under 30 (with sliding scale in-between) and that’s just the way life is. If that changes, everything changes.

Kinda blows my mind that even old people still only vote at 66%. 1/3 of eligible voters over 65 don’t vote. W-T-F

If 18-29 improves by 15 points over 2016 it will be a blood bath.

1 Like

Give them Bernie or Liz and see what happens.

1 Like

Give them Biden and see what doesn’t happen.

That is my fear.

2 Likes

The entire system is designed to (certain) prevent people from voting. Imagine how long the lines would be at polling stations given how long they are now even with the vast vast numbers that don’t vote (and how long it takes to tally the votes). If participation increased even slightly the whole system would collapse.

Early voting is great. You can go to malls in a lot of places, and there are numerous locations to do it at. It would not be hard to expand it, and most people should not be voting on election day in a utopian world where people aren’t trying to suppress votes.

If it were up to me election day would be a holiday and you’d get fined a hundred dollars for not voting. Yes that means a lot of people would write in the lead singer of the Insane Clown Posse or whatever, but that would be much better than what we have now.

I’d believe they’d write in ‘the lead singer of the Insane Clown Posse’, but definitely don’t think anyone knows the name of that person.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever heard an ICP song but I’m 99% sure one of their guys is called shaggy 2 dope.

Weird the things you remember your grade school friends talking about.

Exactly why I pulled that band name out of my ass. It was literally the most absurd write in I could think of in <5 seconds.

Bless your ears with this banger

3 Likes

I’m not listening to that.

3 Likes

My favorite podcast, I Don’t Even Own a Television, did a great review of the ICP autobiography.

The second verse is the real crux of the piece, allow me to quote it for you:

2 Likes

#theresistance

ban

2 Likes

Look I admit I invoked ICP but I was trying to put myself into the mind of someone looking to write in the trolliest thing possible. I wasn’t trying to listen to their music lol.

We have the transcripts, bro. Invoke ICP and you get what you get.

#impeached

You can’t spell ImPeaChed without ICP.

3 Likes

Rofl