pure speculation:

lawrence odonnell is for warren
stephanie rhule is for buttigeig
ali velshi is for harris
ari melber is for harris
chris hayes is for warren
brian williams is for yang
chris matthews is for harris
morning joe is for biden for sure lol he probably won’t even vote if biden isn’t the nom

1 Like

Biden v Trump is going to be so great

2 Likes

Matthews grilled Harris after the debate so I don’t think it’s her. I think Williams is for Biden. I think Hayes might be for Bernie.

lmao wtf

I mean, we may all have different favorites, but it seems we mostly agree on Biden being terrible

1 Like

The text is amazing too, just pure senility

I think of where we are at the moment. You know, none of you men are old — women are old enough, but a couple of you guys are old enough to remember. I graduated in 1968. Everybody before me was, drop out, go to Haight-Ashbury, don’t trust anybody over 30, everybody not getting involved. I’m serious, I know no woman will shake their head and acknowledge it, but you guys know what I’m talking about. Right? But then what happened? Dr. Ki— I only have two political heroes. I have one hero who was my dad, but I have two political heroes were Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy. My senior semester they were both shot and killed. Imagine what would have happened if, God forbid, Barack Obama had been assassinated after becoming the de facto nominee. What would have happened in America?

rofl omg

“you young men, you remember what it was like growing up in the 1960s, not being politically engaged with the democratic party. some great leaders were assassinated, and can you imagine if that had happened in your generation? i would have been president. so think about that on super tuesday”

if only some former president biden trusted told him not to run because he saw all of this coming.

1 Like

I’m not voting for Biden vs Trump I don’t care.

I consider ability to deal with a biased media as a key skill in a candidate. I’m not sympathetic to the argument that a politician would do better if only the media would do its job

I agree wrt actual news media. The cable news media has gradually reduced the informational content of their programming to the point where they are outright lying, which changes that dynamic quite a bit.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1165236871485710342

1 Like

I actually agree that it might stem from laziness, but the endpoint is the same. Whether the media fails to do proper research/journalism out of laziness or an agenda, it doesn’t really matter. In both cases you get incorrect reports, lies, and false narratives.

The South Bend stuff I linked above shows me that they either don’t care to dig deeper or don’t know how to be proper journalists, but either way, a real picture of the city isn’t getting told on a national level. I think there’s also an element of “large coastal city-colored lenses” going on. For example, reporters in DC or NYC or LA hear about tearing down abandoned houses and immediately think “gentrification”. The thing is, in industrial, rust belt cities like South Bend, it’s just not the same, and gentrification like we see in big cities just doesn’t happen. It’s really hard to separate that bias from your writing/reporting if you’ve never lived it or really studied stuff like that outside the big city bubble.

Now, a diligent reporter might want to actually look into this, but the only diligence I see in reporting nowadays is from local level journalists.

That article didn’t present any information at all, and was basically equivalent to a reddit post from a Pete fan. It’s also ridiculous to claim gentrification doesn’t happen in the rust belt.

I don’t necessarily doubt that he’s had good housing policy that protected black neighborhoods, but I’d like to see the statistics rather than some guy just making arguments.

1 Like

I have to say that my confidence in my read of the older establishment Dems was increased significantly by watching Obama go on at length about how people need to step aside to let a new generation run things. There’s nothing normal about having a bunch of people in their late 70’s-80’s running the country.

I really like Warren, but my biggest problem with her is her age. If Trump was our last Boomer president I would be totally and completely fine with that.

1 Like

That’s where the Squad side of the party gives me some hope. AOC 2024

Your front runner, America:

1 Like

Did she actually apologize? Last I remember, she tried to deny having written those posts, claiming someone must have hacked the Internet Archive to edit them.

lettuce womp

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1165610172351504384

2 Likes