Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

True, but there’s something funny about a company lauching it’s IPO using the same approach the Home Shopping Network uses for commemorative plates instead of, you know, professional IPO underwriters.

I have one prescription that I pick up just a handful of times per year that sometimes results in me sitting at the Walgreens drive-thru window for a while. It’s eye drops and even with insurance, they are normally quite expensive, like $200+. But I always print a coupon from the manufacturer’s website that drops the price to $25-$45 (it varies because the healthcare system is stupid, just cross your fingers and hope today it’s on the low end).

Inevitably, it takes a while for the pharmacist/tech to enter the info, then it often doesn’t work the first time, then it often kicks out a number that’s too high and I ask them to give it another shot. Even if I call in the coupon ahead of time, they still go through the whole process when I get there.

I switched all our other prescriptions to Kroger a couple years ago because their prices were better (the coupon only works with Walgreens). Never had any issues with them. And it forces me to shop there, which has made me realize their prices are good AND I get fuel points.

When I was paying fully for my prescriptions and just using good rx, Kroger had the best price like 95% of the time. I don’t live very close to one now and just have the same copay on my medicines I take.

https://x.com/SanaSaeed/status/1805328334252835134?t=Yt8jSGTYX1mBWs1kPEGQdA&s=19

Isn’t it the exact opposite of girlboss?

2 Likes

I’m guessing the point is that both are women cosplaying and doing silly things.

2 Likes

https://x.com/curaffairs/status/1805759883045913070

1 Like

:leolol: :leolol: :leolol:

2 Likes

https://x.com/deadeyebrakeman/status/1429446175481122817

How long until the City turns her into a bitter, shriveled husk?

Just fuck off

2 Likes

This single shot from that article is all the evidence we need that America is an unsalvageable wasteland that should be razed to the ground.

Wait, c’mon, that has to be Onion, Right? Right?

Only a dictator is strong enough to save democracy.

2 Likes

It always comes back to the fact that the average voter is uninformed and not very educated and half of them are worse than that.

1 Like

Unironically, yes. There are two competing and incompatible views of what American democracy means. One is “all (people) are created equal,” with equal rights and equal privilege to pick their representatives. The other one is that this country was founded on a racial, gender, and religious hierarchy with white Christian men at the top and slaves at the bottom, and laws are supposed to enforce the privilege of those at the top while keeping the bottom down. For the latter, the actual system of governance doesn’t matter. A king who keeps the lesser-thans lesser-than is fulfilling the American dream.

2 Likes

It is not stupidity or ignorance to have a different meaning for the same words.

That’s just gibberish. Democracy has a meaning. It is stupidity to think it means the American dream or some other nonsense.

Words have no meaning except how they are used, and no, it’s never been the case that there has been a universally agreed upon definition of all words. That is literally bullshit.

1 Like