Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Chick fila a with mayo and buffalo sauce is fine. Chili’s 3 for me comes with a very good fried chicken sammich as one of the options and is $10.99 here in NM. The smash burger option is also delicious. Best value in restaurant food, period.

1 Like

I went from paying about $30 for 30 days worth of 2 Rx with my insurance at Walgreens. My insurance was pushing me towards mail order and 90 day scripts because I’m on these drugs long term. Did a little bit of looking around and now I get 90 days worth of Rx sent directly to me for $25 including shipping, bypassing insurance entirely.

There’s plenty of room to make profit on both Rx and on the retail side

1 Like

I think I saw that per prescription margin was something like $20. If I have some time, I’ll dig around post some more info. It seems like very few other things in the store would meet that bar.

Also it would seem that if one thing is 92% of revenue with high margins, it would be pretty hard for the other 8% to outperform that.

I haven’t been in a while, but at the nearest pharmacy to me, if it is a new prescription, they almost hold you down and tell you about it unless you’re pretty forceful about your refusal.

In other places, my experience has often been like what you describe.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/15/biden-g7-foreign-policy-00163546

Didn’t read the article, just the headline. How could Politico know that, unless, unless they plan to assasi…

Thing I found most interesting from that article is for pharmacist owned pharmacies seems they just buying a slightly higher income compared to being employed somewhere so seems most the medication sale margin probably going to compensating the pharmacist which I guess makes sense

(If I’m understanding the numbers right maybe would mean if the pharmacist was the owner and also working would be 2x that?)
—-

After accounting for the operating expenses, the sum of the owner’s compensation and the pharmacy’s operating income — is around $141,000 after all is said and done.

It gets muddy as it relates to cvs as they own like the biggest Pbm, which is the middle man that sets prescription prices and makes a huge chunk of prescription revenue.

1 Like

I still don’t understand what PBMs do but I’m quite sure they are terrible for consumers.

Ok so we have pharmacists ITT? I’m kinda grunching and ain’t reading all that but can someone explain to me why boomers take 30 minutes in the pharmacy drive through? When I go to the pharmacy it takes 3 minutes, they give me my shit and I’m on my way. wtf are boomers doing that takes so goddamn long? Every time I’m in line at the drive through and there is a Buick in front of me I assume they’re refinancing their mortgage

2 Likes

I’ve got the same question but with rental car counters.

2 Likes

Once I year I say “maybe it’ll be different this time” and try the pharmacy drive-through, but it’s always that way.

I have overheard and I do know that a lot of people argue over what they’re being charged at the pharmacy. Confusion over co-pays, deductibles, discount cards, etc etc etc. People also try to pick up prescriptions that aren’t ready yet, go to the wrong pharmacy, and don’t remember what prescription they’re supposed to be picking up.

1 Like

Well I recently changed pharmacies, my new guy is a local guy who is in an old bank and so far there has never been anyone in the drive thru line. Fingers crossed.

Walgreens and Kroger are 100% always clogged up with boomers

There’s a non zero amount of them pretending not to know how their medications work so either a) they can make the overpaid pharmacist waste their time telling them shit they know because they paid for the service god damn it or b) this is one of their sole social interactions.

1 Like

My dad is kind of in a category c. In any kind of line like this, if he waits a long time, it seems to me that he feels like in order to have made the wait worthwhile, he needs to make the interaction last as long as possible. He will ask every question imaginable. The only exception to this is if he is actually in a hurry for some reason, then those questions don’t seem that important. Also if the line is short, it seems like he just goes a lot more quickly.

2 Likes

People do this at hotel check in lines and it drives me insane. Like you could literally ask any employee you see where the pool is and what time breakfast is. Do you need to spend 10 minutes querying the front desk person about it?

1 Like

Not a pharmacist just a consumer of lots of prescriptions. If I had to guess people are waiting to get prescriptions filled while at the window or doing business that should have been addressed in advance to picking up their prescription. I think most big pharmacies have a policy of not having people wait for their prescription to be filled but they might cave on some nice or rude 85 year old. Just a guess on my part.

I have A LOT of prescriptions but the only thing I ever do in the drive thru is pick up prescriptions that are ready. I assume sometimes people wait for a prescription that was not yet ready as well.

I don’t know of any pharmacists here but would be cool if someone is one. I just get a lot r/pharmacy on my Reddit feed. :flushed:

Newsmax is apparently running on air segments trying to convince their viewers to get in on their IPO. telling them to use their credit cards to buy in.

1 Like

ALPnjKZPi4J7EJJ

1 Like

Every dollar that gets sucked into this black hole is a dollar that isn’t going to a GOP super PAC