Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

And yet the line for Chik-fil-A still always goes around the block. ECONOMIC ANXIETY!!!

1 Like

Huh? I just looked up a location near me in N. VA (not a cheap area to live), and a sandwich w/fries costs like $9-$10.

The new maple bacon pepper sandwich alone is $11 here

Also Suzzer one more thing every frickin restaurant is already running on a skeleton crew for every shift. You can’t get rid of workers or they already would have done it.

2 Likes

I hate to try and bring in economics 101 because economics 101 is stupid, and it’s misses like literally everything else (including all the other points raised above about the economy, demand side, etc)

But even Restos running at skeleton crew could cut staff if wages go up. Maybe they open 30 minutes later on a Monday, or close a store, or only open 9 out of 10 new stores, leaving the shittiest location to plans for next year.

The point however is that people deserve a wage to fucking live, and as an economy and a society we can do the work to create enough jobs that do that, and/or distribute wealth to make it happen.

Arguing about the economics with these ghouls should be the last tool in the argument box.

1 Like

Silly me for not assuming that you were buying what appears to be the most expensive sandwich along with a large order of fries. :smile:

Nonetheless, I’m not a CFA fanboy, but would a similar sandwich with fries at a sit down place even be a higher quality meal?

Holy fuck! Here in an upscale part of the DMV this new sandwich is $9.

Even in the south a CFA combo meal is >$10. How the hell do Chilis / Applebees keep staff?

For a progressive website you guys sure like to support an evil organization in Chik Fil A

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

Why is everyone taking the second C out of their name?

1 Like

Also, is it really that good? I live in the only state in the contiguous US without one, so I’ve never been.

1 Like

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think it’s generally overrated. It’s good, but not sure why it has the cult following that it does.

I don’t eat it a ton but historically the quality control was super good so you always knew exactly what you were getting and if there was any sort of issue/mistake the employees would immediately resolve in a reasonable manner. So as far as fast food goes is a pretty reliable option if you don’t want a burger

Popeyes sandwiches blow Chick-fil-A out of the water, but Chick-fil-A fries dipped in sauce are excellent

1 Like

Yeah the sauce must be the main reason for the cult following, I found it odd they started selling in grocery stores seems like would undercut themselves but I don’t know anything

I boycott them except in the case of emergencies. But yeah, their spicy chicken sandwich is pretty… pretty… pretty good

chick fil a has easily double(if not triple) the amount of employees present at all times vs any other place. i dont go often but the one on my side of my city is always completely full and i still wait less total time than at any of the other places.

i think everywhere is just understaffed intentionally now. imo that’s the real reason everything with a price tage is locked up in the CVS or the Walgreens, there is never more than 3 employees in my local cvs/walgreens.

CFA is fast and the floor is the highest of any fast food by far. Also their breakfast slaps