Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Kudos to you. Someone needs to resurrect the “Real Men of Genius” budweiser ads to create “MrBretStephensColumnReeeeeader!”

2 Likes

NPR: “I don’t understand! We did all the both-sidesing. Why are they being mean to us?”

5 Likes

They’re all losing their minds:

3 Likes

a reminder of the hazards of nominating for president a candidate with a 40 year record who has never faced scrutiny

8 Likes

Omg this! TRUMP FUCKING BEAT YOUR TRIED AND TESTED, UNIQUELY COMPETENT, FULLY VETTED CANDIDATE!

2 Likes

Liberal columnists: this Rogan endorsement is bad because his followers are right-leaning

Also liberal columnists: Bernie can never win because he can’t attract anyone right-leaning

13 Likes

Hillary was deeply unpopular though, Bernie doesn’t stand a chance against the most popular President in history.

Those aren’t exactly liberal columnists saying the latter.

LOL NATE

3 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

hey, they mentioned sanders, what more do you want?

2 Likes

Jesus Nate is bad at being a pundit.

5 Likes

It’s really really important to notice that candidates like Sanders, Warren, and Yang have all been subjected to almost constant hit pieces for over a year now. Meanwhile Biden, Pete, and Klob have enjoyed tons of positive coverage… and yet Sanders is in first, Warren is in third, and Yang is in 4th-6th depending on the poll.

I think the media’s ability to actually control this thing is super limited. I think the establishment’s ability to control this thing is super limited. What we saw with Trump in 2016 is now playing out x3 in the Democratic primary.

We’re actually winning this I think. I don’t actually care which horse crosses the finish line at this point… I just know I’ve got 1st, 3rd, and 4th-6th… and I strongly suspect that whatever one of my horses loses the other horses will instantly get. There just isn’t any demand for a ‘centrist’ candidate with the voters.

The “coverage” of Biden has been an absolute joke. He’s barely speaking English up there, mumbling about record players and black kids can be smart too in between obviously false claims he will waive his magic wand and reverse 30 years of GOP insanity. Also, he lies constantly and never gets called out.

3 Likes

This isn’t totally true, sometimes women call him on his bullshit and he does totally cool things like this
https://twitter.com/thelocalmaniac8/status/1138575498437681153

Yeah the coverage of Biden has been as unfair as anything I’ve seen in the cycle… except to the positive instead of the negative. If they had covered Biden normally I think it would have actually made it a lot harder for me to recognize how unfair they were being to the other candidates, but comparing the two things makes it really glaring. The contrast is downright blinding.

This is really serious too. My brother is a conspiracy theorist. A big part of why he fell into that is that he was just smart enough to spot inconsistencies in the media narrative, and once he did that he saw them everywhere… and he doesn’t have the capacity to make the right leaps from there. The easiest one was that they were all colluding to hide ‘the truth’. This is what damaging social trust does. It’s not a small problem.

Every single reporter should have boycotted.

1 Like