Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

That’s a bit cynical

Andrew Yang should not be giving anyone advice on how to win - and fuck him for trying to normalize Vivek as some kind of centrist independent rather than just a normal run-of-the mill POS republican. Yang really is desperate for anyone to pay attention to him.

1 Like

wapo mccarthy

To be fair, repackaging right-wing politics as indie centrism is Yang’s whole shtick.

Envelope, please…

Et tu, Sean?

When I think Jesse Waters and Greg Guttfeld I think PRIMETIME.

Twitch called, it wants it’s generic low sub streamer back.

With 2.494 million total viewers and 396,000 viewers in the key demographic group of adults 25-54, Gutfeld! beat not just everything else on cable, but the high-profile broadcast networks’ late night shows as well. CBS’ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert was a close second with 2.1 million viewers and 375,000 viewers in the key demo, followed by NBC’s The Tonight Show (1.289 million viewers and 318,000 in the demo), and ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live (1.285 million total viewers and 287,000 viewers in the key demo).

beating Jimmies Kimmel and Fallon combined

Twitter rumors starting to fly that Ingraham got Tuckered.

She was the closest to Tucker on being skeptical about the Ukraine proxy war so this fits with the theory of Zelenskyyy calling Murdoch to complain

Gutfeld used to have a show that was on at 3am on Fox called Red Eye. Pretty similar to the Five and his current 11pm show, slightly more balanced in that Bill Schulz was a staple and a quasi liberal foil, but there were a lot of pre Breitbart pre proud boys people on there too, it was definitely a precursor to alt right media culture in many ways.

But to be honest, and time has seemed to make me look naive, I thought a fair amount of the time they were spoofing the extremes of right wing outrage, not just being an alternative to the Daily show to show conservative s can be funny too. I did start dvring it for a bit and I think how silly it was made it genuinely funnier than the Daily Show on most nights.

Woof, Hannity is a good 10 years past his prime, they might as well bring Bill’O back on board. Poor Jesse and Greg getting passed over like that.

And what’s Tucker been up to? Did that Yootoobe show of his ever get off the ground?

Red Eye brought us Nick Mullen from Cum Town sitting next to Ambassador John Bolton

1 Like

Gutfield and Waters are goofy, playful racist trolls. They do the wink-and-nod racism, not the full-throated Klan rally energy that Carlson viewers have been accustomed to.

I could have of course memory-holed the worst of it, I vaguely remember the proud boy guy doing extremely deplorable bits, but in like 07-10 I don’t feel like they were yet as loose with casual for laughs racism as they are now. Woke wasn’t a thing yet, their foils were still the nyt, Obama superfans, Keith olbermann etc… I just think that sadly Gutfeld is really silly in a disarming way that was often funny to me way back then, so I’m not surprised he’s still around. But he has gotten much worse in the substance of the reactionary takes he has, and obv I hope some scandal takes all of them off the air.

I wish

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1658897793057013760?s=61&t=NDU-QUzHHKI06YFnvWsG1g

2 Likes

It’s a twitter show. How dare you.

Ingraham is a real scorched-earth type, I am excite.

If Jon Cooper is reporting it, it’s 80% unlikely in my experience. That guy has a batting average similar to Palmer report

Inghram is waaaaay more replaceable than Tucker. Have fun on AM radio, or maybe you can co-host Tucker’s Twitter thing.