Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

3 Likes

Would way rather hang out with goofy Booker than 9/10 “figures” in the national spotlight for the dems. Could you imagine a fun night out drinking with… Adam Schiff?

2 Likes

Fuck you, Greg.
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1652783731290013696?s=20

2 Likes

If it was a white guy, he probably would’ve looked for a way to wire him $50K.

Daily Wire is abaolutely losing money. They are propped up by right wing billionaires to spread their message. It isnt a monry making venture.

https://twitter.com/ReichlinMelnick/status/1652882087140098049?s=20

Chance of apology go from zero to zero.

(I will apologize for putting my prior post in the wrong thread. Didn’t notice, sorry.)

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1653048571321565185

I want to know who leaked this. If Fox is leaking this to justify firing Tucker to his viewers it’s pretty lol because Carlson comes off fine here. If Carlson is leaking, also pretty funny but it might run afoul of his non-disparagement clause if Fox can prove it.

:roll_eyes:

Free to read.

Contents of Tucker text to a producer, to save the clicks:

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living shit out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it. Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be. The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?

Leaving aside the “how white men fight” part, I am not claiming to be an angel who has never experienced satisfaction at someone deservedly getting punched, but I can safely say I have never watched video of a group of people beating someone up and been like “yeah awesome, kill the guy”.

1 Like

I don’t understand this Tucker story at all, and it just gets more confusing to me. Which part of that text is supposed to damage his reputation? The part where he gets excited at mob violence or the part where he backtracks on that enthusiasm? Very weird

2 Likes

I guess in theory anybody who doesn’t already understand he’s a white supremacist might be upset by “It’s not how white men fight.”

Again is that quote objectionable because it is essetialist or because it is incorrect? Or some third reason I cannot configure?

Anyone with a pulse can tell that the messages were just a pretext for firing Tucker, so naturally the NYT uncritically reports it that way. lol at them claiming Fox execs were scandalized by some racists texts from a guy who routinely broadcasts great replacement theory stuff. It’s clear Tucker got fired for trying to big-dog Rupert Murdoch and possibly getting fresh with Rupert’s wife.

I might be confused by your confusion. “It’s not how white men fight” is a racist statement based on the (false) idea that “white men” are fair and honorable, and non-white men are not.

“not how white men fight” is hilarious to me because if i were to describe how i think white men fight in those kind of terms it would be hiding behind racist systems and corrupt officials to stab people in the back and kick people when they are already down… lol

4 Likes

He’s right, though. White men fight with a gun against an unarmed opponent.

7 Likes
4 Likes