Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Believe me when I tell you, from direct experience, Ivy League schools are full of mega entitled narcissistic idiots.

1 Like

Every elite institution seems to hold to this. One of my college buddies went to Duke medical school and I asked him if there were any less idiots there compared to our undergrad. Exactly the same, he said.

fewer

4 Likes

I guess I meant to emphasis contrasting apparently everyone agreeing they’re smart with their loser personas. Like Cruz is soooo thirsty just be seen getting dunked on by a cool stoner and Hawley is mewing cause the Tech Gods have teamed up with black people to call white women Karens.I would have imagined they’d want to cultivate an aura of intellect or power, but I want to dump my lunch on their heads and laugh at them

2 Likes

Rubio seems to be the only Senator 2024 hopeful that doesn’t carry around this sort of loser vibe. Maybe Cotton as well, except his head is too weirdly shaped to be a contender.

Oh yeah, and I totally agree with you. I just take every opportunity to dump on any hint of a presumption of intelligence of Ivy League grads. There’s so many rich kid idiots going to Ivy League schools. I’ll take the top student from a state school any day.

Have we already forgotten about Watergate?

And Chris Christie viciously dunking on RubIO-Bot during the primary debates?

3 Likes

The law adopted it first. Killing a fetus during a murder is a separate crime in most states.

1 Like

My guess is that the majority of Americans think that, all other things being equal, killing a pregnant woman is worse than killing a non-pregnant woman and deserves a harsher punishment.

The GOP is objectively pro QAnon

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1353873669437665280?s=21

I’m building up to where I say that I suspect a majority of Americans believe in fetal personhood as a moral concept but not as a legal concept.

What percentage of Americans do you think would have a problem with the headline “six people shot dead”?
  • 60% or more
  • 50%-59%
  • 40%-49%
  • Less than 40%

0 voters

Just gonna keep posting the NYT top STRAIGHT NEWS guy doing hack anti-progressive punditry.

https://twitter.com/jmartnyt/status/1353899107627249669?s=21

If you asked conservatives the following question how would they answer?

Two illegal immigrants sneak into the US have sex and conceive a child. Does the fetus qualify as a citizen because she was conceived on US soil? Or do citizenship rights not apply until the child is born?

3 Likes

I skimmed the article and didn’t see how far along she was, so I googled “fetus.”

“The fetal period begins 8 weeks after fertilization of an egg by a sperm and ends at the time of birth.”

I don’t really know where I draw the line at saying the fetus was murdered. If you’re eight weeks along and give birth, the baby has no chance. If you’re 34 weeks along (like my daughter was), then a few weeks in the NICU and you should be all good assuming no other complications. Apparently they’re both fetusus (feti?). So I dunno, it’s a fucking tricky situation. I’m about as pro-choice as it gets and this doesn’t necessarily bother me. I do think people who murder pregnant women should get extra punishment. I’m also rather buzzed and high so who knows what I’m fucking talking about.

God damnit, I hate when I respond and there’s further discussion. In the situation in the paper, “five people, including a pregnant woman” works for me.

I should just delete these posts but I can read them tomorrow to further prove to myself that I’m a moran.

I like that one im going to steal it.

2 Likes

You want it both ways, (shocking) GG tweets are not part of his work and no one listens to him but her tweets are totally part of her job and she should be careful what she says? That’s starting to turn into a bad look…

What? Of course Greenwald’s tweets are part of his job. It’s one of his main ways he dispatches his takes. Her tweets aren’t part of her job, not really.

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1354063163453485056?s=21

1 Like