What are you listening to

If the walrus crowd was largely American I can see why they might struggle a bit with MES :slightly_smiling_face:

Their vintage period for me spawned these gems:

1 Like

RIP

1 Like

Is the original Hank Williams racist/problematic? I know there’s things with Jr and is there a 3rd?

1 Like

Holy shit, I’m listening to Mike Dillon’s performance tonight live, not that video. For that song he does a freestyle ode to tazer the balls guy lmao. Hilarious. About 14-15 minutes in.

1 Like

Are you fucking serious.

You don’t like it?

This album so good. Putting it on right now.

This classic to your taste? Or you just prefer them shredding?

So good.

Hank senior grew up in Alabama in the 20s and 30s and spent almost his whole (short) life tooling around the south in the first half of the 20th century. It would be kind of shocking if he didn’t hold racist views because the entire society he grew up in was officially segregated and deeply racist.

His music doesn’t seem to have much to say about politics, at least not directly. The themes are basically directly personal in nature.

2 Likes

me when you posted this: why would risky think this song relates to me? should i be offended? what is this even?

me all of january and most of december, to no one: i’m a lonely bitch!

It’s that groovy remix beat. She brings the juice!

1 Like

Mydland was goat piano/organ with sick vocals and energy. Rocking a Rolex. He is chewing on his lips from heroin but god damn guy rocks. RIP. Probably posted them before and I don’t care.

“And you’re holding that fist up close to your chest!..You can’t hold love in your heart like that!”