What are you listening to

So apparently sea shanties are trending on TikTok and I didn’t know I needed this. This isn’t the best cut video, actually it’s awful, but you’ll get the idea.

I wanna do this in my parent`s backyard.

1 Like

My dad LOVES live YouTube cover bands. He discovered them a few years ago and now he’s subcribed to at least a few dozen on YouTube.

So a month or so ago I’m in a YouTube black hole, infinity hours deep, and I come across Martin Miller. I’ve listened to this probably eight or nine thousand times since. Every song is a trip back in time and they’re just so good.

Also, for those Schitt’s Creek fans, the bassist with his mask on looks like Ted. Goddamn this is a really good video. The keyboardist is jamming. Are there any keyboard players here? How would you remember which keyboard is which?

I lost someone dear to me this week and I can’t stop listening to this

https://youtu.be/EbD7lfrsY2s

8 Likes

One of my favorite albums of all time. Underrated and most people have never even heard of it. Released 28 years ago today.

1 Like
1 Like

yo, @Pauwl ie D

was just thinking the above track gives a little nod to Burzem? one or 2 sections in the middle

Yeah, maybe. The slow parts?

1 Like

not the rhythm, but the melodic idea within the part that starts at 3:48, is similar to the keyboard part at 1:18 here in composition, not melody or something

lol Burzum Goat

did you win that category? should’ve or deserving

and it should’ve been in the just-completed Walrus thing, if it wasn’t

I have been listening to a ton of Shel Silverstein I can’t get enough if this stuff.

@RiskyFlush

1 Like

Uplifting vocal trance. Always feels good.

1 Like

For being the first commercially successful rap song, it’s amazing how well this still holds up today.

1 Like

I’m sure I’ve put this in here before, but goddamn there might not be a better back to back two tracks on an album than this.

Story behind “Sing about me”. Kendrick Lamar Tells Tragic Story Behind 'Sing About Me' | News | MTV

1 Like

I love that whole album. MC Eiht is great. Kendrick is goat.

I watched this earlier. Some straight fire. I want a vibraphone so damn bad but not bad enough to pay full price for a new one.

1 Like

Classic!

1 Like

sup, bro? happy new year!

1 Like
1 Like