What are you listening to

2 Likes

Been listening to a lot of Sonia Dada recently. I don’t think they ever got big in the US but I love their music.

A country singer did a cover of one of their songs and butchered it.

1 Like

@seities @Lawnmower_Man

1 Like

I’ve seen this making the rounds and not sure I quite get it. I mean it’s good but I guess it isn’t lighting my brain up as much as others or something.

1 Like

clean out your headgear lol I think that track is as sick as it gets, and that guy’s commentary is an interesting accompaniment

1 Like

Whoa! Mike Patton definitely on that Compound V. No normal human can do so many different things with their voice.

1 Like

Gotta think my boi @beetlejuice would dig this one :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Pretty sure Revolver is basically a perfect album. Listened through it like 5 times in the last week.

1 Like

love this dudes drumming videos, idk if he is technically a good drummer but he is fun to watch

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Does anyone read music reviews? I can’t say I often do, but happened upon this word-salad today. I mean wtf is this?

The first half of græ , Moses Sumney’s tour de force sophomore album, came out just before lockdown; the second was released a few months later, after its audience had been humbled by the soft brutality of isolation, the brutal clarity of wandering our own inner landscapes day after day. If only we could make like Sumney and turn self-interrogation into a singular kind of art. Where on his debut album Sumney lingered on lack and absence, on græ he delivers effulgence and multiplicity with a shapeshifting swagger. Dream-sequence strings float atop dissonant shudders; Sumney’s voice transfigures mid-run like a stage trick, his falsetto a sudden flapping dove; he sings about being between polarities of desire and identity as if to lay claim to both at the same time. Twenty tracks is long enough for græ to form a private cosmology of ambivalence and assertion—a map of Planet Sumney as it lay in 2020, with its blush tones and icy eruptions and violent rocky swirls.

1 Like

I mean, I guess there’s only so many ways you can say, “It’s cool; check it out.” It must be a hard gig being a music reviewer.

1 Like

the brutal clarity of wandering our inner landscapes!!!

2 Likes

This doesn’t sound like it came out in the 90s! It’s playing 3 times a day for me right now.

1 Like

City and Colour