What are you listening to

It’s derivative enough to my ears, that I form that conclusion. Gotta advance the art form.

jfc. it’s storming like a mofo here in KC. Hope i dont lose power!

I do like a lot of hippy bands: Jefferson Airplane, Joni Mitchell, CSNY, Arlo Guthrie, John Sebastian and others. I just don’t think the Dead come close to measuring up to a lot of their contemporaries, nor would they ever be a template I’d try to emulate, like so many have.

1 Like

That Buddy Holly song was derived from clave rhythms (specifically 3:2). Most American music is. You guitar players with chords and shit.

lol

hey, it’s just my situation. music is like that

I’m not going to argue bro. Enjoy your music. I wouldn’t even waste my time arguing really if someone liked their shit. I just asked for a style description is all. Enjoy what you listen to!

a style description of the dead?

no satisfying melody… no real groove …no juice… no magic. Bob Dylan is ten times better.

I just posted a video replying to your Bela Fleck video with Bela Fleck playing in a video. wth

yeah, Bela is a better man than I. He welcomes a youngster into the community with open arms.

Doesn’t mean I can’t confidently say that ‘Billy Strings’ isn’t in Bela’s league.

I’m replying to both of you with

Sorry the resolution is bad, but that won’t be a problem for long because around 5 minutes your brains will explode

1 Like
1 Like

I can only take so much before it bubbles up and I erupt

biting on a tongue that wants to speak out!!!

:heart: The Dead.

2 Likes

Those aren’t their lyrics so I’m assuming you think I’m talking about you. But naaaah. These dudes won or placed in one of the BoDog music contests back in the day. The white dude I skateboarded with growing up.

Dude can flow.

Hey the Dead are really great.

I had an uncle who was a huge Deadhead, this song always reminds me of him:

The 1st line is there’s

the 2nd is a King’s X lyric that seemed appropriate in context. I was vamping.

trolly

Argentina and Tonga are on lol

1 Like