What are you listening to

1 Like
1 Like

Hope this isn’t the 3rd time I’ve posted. Just named IBMA New Artist of the Year and Guitar Player of the Year. At Red Rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HXPqVQhm-4

1 Like

u love dead-type stuff, and this kid certainly qualifies

Also, a bunch of bluegrass mothafuckas just gave him guitar player of the year. So it’s not just that but still lol.

released yesterday and awesome:

Can you define ‘dead-type stuff’ for me? I always wonder. Not hating at all.

I couldn’t resist picking a fight in 2+2 just now. lol

There’s this poor guy that identifies as some guitar aficionado, despite on prior occasion sharing audio/video of his playing that is absolutely fucking horrible. And he’s seized upon an opporunity to dispense unsolicited advice to a guy that just shared he’s starting guitar lessons.

1 sec.

I watched that initial link of his that you provided, then clicked on another vid of his from among the column of suggested videos.

Some passage of play reminded me of what I consider to be jam-band-type stuff. It must’ve sounded similar to the dead

1 Like

You ever been to red rocks? I walked that venue during the day once(never seen a show there)… they’ve got like a mini museum or something close.

U2 played a gig there in the 80s that was pretty famous. Used to have it on VHS

I saw Gov’t Mule and Moe. there. It was reaaaaallllly windy though so sounded bad imo.

I had tix for Blues Traveler on their annual 4th of July show the year Popper had a heart attack so they cancelled the show. We went out and played drums and watched the Denver fireworks. LOL.

Also, lived in Summit County for about year or so. Mostly visit though.

this is what I was talking about

1 Like

drum circle?? and you’re curious why I had a hunch about lol

drums were like 10 minutes of a dead show at best

It’s all good

think we had a discussion maybe earlier in this thread. I mentioned I’d seen the dead 3 times, but that style music never really did it for me.

sux, I wanna share your enthusiasm!

I don’t get the style thing is all. They jam a lot on motifs and shit yeah and then take it to jazz improv? But most of their stuff is pretty standard rock n roll I thought. They cover things from 1920s country to Buddy Holly. What style?

That passage of play, I started the video 170 seconds in, sounds like the dead to me.

they may go on to do other styles or whatever

I just want an excuse to play this now. Buddy Holly cover.

2 Likes