What are you listening to

1 Like

Andre 3000 may be the greatest musical troll of all time. Finally decides to drop a solo project, and it has no rapping, just him rocking a flute.

Don’t even think it’s trolling. Just where he’s at personally and musically right now.

If you can adjust your expectations, it’s actually pretty great music.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve listened to it. It’s not my vibe at all. I respect him for putting out the art he wants to make and not rapping if he isn’t inspired, but this project just isn’t for me

1 Like

Fair enough. As one who likes chill hop and also relaxation music on occasion, to me it’s a nice mix of those two genres.

2 Likes

Already loved this song, but wow

1 Like

I really liked this. I also am a big lo-fi and chillhop fan. It would be interesting to run the same track through different instruments with one that more clearly evokes a voice. I am not good enough to parse out the arrangement otherwise besides suspecting the composition is not very far from what he’s always done, he’s just exploring a different form.

1 Like

That’s some mean guitar licks to start off

I keep hearing different labels for music I like. Recently found out that for years I’ve been listening to midwest emo and I never knew it.

1 Like

Lol! That’s a good discovery.

I enjoyed this video for why lofi music is so effective.

1 Like

Just finished watching Sopranos so listening to this:

1 Like

Somehow in the last few years Czarface has become my favorite hip hop band. Their new album comes out this weekend.

What the f is chamber pop

2 Likes

Sometimes i think Spotify is trolling us with the genres but that appears to be real one according to wiki.

I would have thought the genre includes folks like Pentatonix and Lindsey Stirling, ie the style of chamber music written with pop sensibilities, but apparently it’s more like Beach Boys? Which I guess is what I said except for Olds.

I didn’t really dig into it but I assume it’s like Fleet Foxes, who have a choral/orchestral vibe, and I did listen to this song a ton this year:

1 Like

Now that’s some good shit. I can see why you listened to it so much.

Taking a swing that you’re also a fan of Echosmith?

1 Like