What are you listening to

Have not heard them, will check it out!

1 Like

I don’t know how the behind the scenes stuff works but Spotify Wrapped always seems off to me. There was a song i was listening to a ton earlier in the year and it didn’t even make my top 5. I always skip the first minute of it so i wonder if that fucks up the tracking somehow.

To Henry Kissinger, who is a little bet dead:

2 Likes

Legend still bringing the hard hitting rhymes 30 years later. Needs way more love:

Out of all the string quartets that have been composed to be played in helicopters this is probably my favorite:

Scarface Tiny Desk Concert

This is dedicated to all of my fellow shorties

2 Likes

AJR is due to my son spamming them on my account

1 Like
3 Likes

Happy Black History Month, wypipo! Here’s some Odetta:

Since I failed to share any product yesterday here’s some Paul Robeson:

3 Likes

Marian Anderson, who very famously integrated the Metropolitan Opera:

I picked that one for two reasons: 1) I had no idea that Sibelius wrote lieder. 2) If it’s true as the video says that she “recorded it after intense consultation with Sibelius” it suggests some sort of decency language-wise that singers of that era were not always known to possess. I won’t mention any names like Maria Callas.

Here she is getting her German going:

Because he’s Harry Belafonte and he needs no introduction:

My daughter got me a TJ Mack mug for Hanukkah.

1 Like

Um…I just found out this morning that Billy Joel dropped a new single a few days ago?

Not a dilla joint, just threw this in the mix as an example of futuristic r&b. Lyrics on this are amazing. @clovis8