What are you listening to

2 Likes

The Trey/Trucks show starts at about 56:00 minutes in. Trey called the first set early to get Derek asap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSFpGA3w2SE

1 Like

Trucks plays mostly slide-guitar, ya?

Yeah mostly, on an SG through Fender amps with almost nothing in the signal chain. Dude is a statue live.

1 Like

Neal Casal, a guitarist in the Dead/Jam band scene who was currently playing with Circles Around the Sun played at that Lockn festival with his band Friday night and sat in with multiple bands over the weekend, commit suicide Monday. He seemed so happy during every show over the weekend. Sad.

The next night Trey sits in with them (Tedeschi Trucks Band) for the 2nd set. They do the whole Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs Album.

Just accidentally discovered these guys. Blues rocky, Zeppelin/Aerosmith kinda vibe.

2 Likes

So, I really dug these guys and saw them in Denver on NYE even several years ago on the insistence of a friend. They have always brought this creepy kind of vibe that made me wonder if they were white supremacists though. Some research shows that one of their mandolin players is in Blood Axis, which is definitely on that level. However, they’ve been heavily recommended and maybe worked with Jello Biafra who has made some pretty anti nazi statements. The name of their album ‘An Introduction For Young And Old Europe’ for this song doesn’t help imo.

1 Like

that’s horrible. Bless his heart

1 Like

But when I throw you to the curb like an old, burnt cigarette!

Yo, you ever seen this performance? Could be Goat

droplet of sweat at 1:36 is Goat droplet

3 Likes

Amazing, he’s like a video game character with all his skills maxed out

1 Like

:heart: Mike Keneally

1 Like

He’s also a great actor, look at him act like he can’t play these kindergarten Paganini runs

2 Likes

I love trolling old deadheads with this song telling them I’m glad that the Dead covered Sublime. Always fun!

I’m a huge dead fan, and I enjoy the Sublime cover more. I wouldn’t call it better, but I love their take on it. And I’m not really a giant Sublime fan. Just got tickets for Dead and Company in Hampton in November.

1 Like