What are you listening to

Also, there’s no such thing as “near perfect pitch” but there are a lot of internet bros claiming to have exactly that. And they get really fuckin’ mad if you tell them that or that adults can’t develop it.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed some on various videos, Rick Beato had a good take on it

Reason I didn’t like Esus4/G is because the V is played major throughout.

From the “What chord(s) are they playing?” files, I give you this organ player from outer space. This one should be a real challenge because I’m almost positive even he doesn’t know what the chords are. That look back at 0:40 omg.

Tristan chord is pretty dope. My theory teacher (classic trombonist) would get geeked up over the N⁶. He always made jokes about the easiest job in the world being a judge in a guitar sight reading competition. I found out years later he had picked up guitar and wasn’t telling that joke anymore.

4 years of theory, all As for grades, and as a percussionist I pretty much forgot it all. I analyzed pieces for 4 years lol. Fuck me. I really need to get back at it. I’m lost in modular synth world at the moment and it’s all I ever want to do hahaha. I have come up with some awesome patches that could be used or sound like synth music in movies though. Especially euro TV shows and movies I listen to. I can do do that crap for hours.

RE: Nirvana stuff.

They kinda of straight up jacked that riff from Killing Joke. Which isn’t really a slight against them. Most artists have borrowed. Dave Grohl went on to perform with KJ and Jaz Coleman said it was doing community service lol.

Killing Joke is also one of those really strange bands that came up during punk rock and hardcore days that only got better as they got older and not the usual reverse where punk rockers became the dinosaurs they bitched about with arena rock.

Jaz Coleman is probably the most interesting man to come from the punk scene.

https://www.undertheradar.co.nz/news/5624/Killing-Jokes-Jaz-Coleman-Found-In-Africa.utr

He at some point worked on Maori music preservation. Has done orchestras. He did music for Disney’s Mulan. Which is really weird.

1 Like

screename ‘electrical’

going from memory but 99.99% sure

hol up

1 Like

Not sure if anyone listens to Grandson but he does a lot of i would say political type music lately.

Here are some of his best, not the largest catalogue yet.

First one that really caught me was Thoughts and prayers:

Actually never seen the graphic for the youtube video until just now but its depressing if you listen and watch

relevant to the above: Darkside

stickup might be my favorite:

Overdose:

Blood in the water is his biggest hit, probably have heard it by now:

1 Like
2 Likes

Free livestream will be going on all weekend from Lockn festival. Gary Clark Jr. tonight rips. JRAD’s drummer is ridiculous. The bassist is Ween’s bassist. It’s a dead cover band though so most of you might not like it haha.

https://livestream.com/TheRelixChannel/events/8791101?t=1566512414468&fbclid=IwAR1bpMb6TN25m4dQIKEn_XtK4Wm0f7dcgU_NfZI0BPfBYwkYgi-Glww5kSM

There have been delays due to rain so that schedule isn’t accurate.

Trey from Phish about to sit in with this band I’ve never seen right now. Khruangbin.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

set break for last headliner at lockn’ That Derek Trucks w/ trey anastasio band set 2 was best set of music i’ve seen in a year or more.

1 Like