What are you listening to

What a massive blow it was to lose him to the dark side. I still can’t wrap my head around it.

Does @CanadaMatt3004 have notifications turned off? Or he has me on ignore? :open_mouth:

Let me see your hands, come on.

2 Likes

Deep cut!!!

Any love for his sixth solo album No More Tears? Zakk Wylde killed it as guest guitarist. Great song after great song.

No More Tears, Mama I’m Coming Home, Crazy Train, I Don’t Want to Change the World. That last one won a frickin’ Grammy!!!

1 Like

For some reason I listen to this instramental while I’m working out. It’s got a mix of being soothing to help out with lifts but a lot of tension that get that “fuck yea” feel, especially after 7: 30

https://open.spotify.com/track/3RoQX4ou3qYEASsuC7YAWD?si=T68P_xEeR7yL0eOSKiF8qg

1 Like

Great choice!!! I am running a Walrus in Sundry Chitchat and selected this as the best submitted song written for a film score. Definitely a lot of anticipation that suddenly explodes. Just like a tough set :+1:

What do you think of the piano version at the end of the soundtrack? I can’t get enough of it.

1 Like

I enjoy listening to the local radio stations I can get out here in the sticks, primarily Ithaca College’s WICB which right now is doing its weekly reggae show. It’s a great contrast to the snow and 15-degree temps.

Just in general, I find myself either listening to the radio or the same x songs on repeat from a big playlist I made of whatever new song gets stuck in my head. Radio has the added benefit of feeling connected to real people in the moment. Added plus, no commercials on the stations I listen to (npr-backed, college and community stations).

1 Like

I’ve always found that interesting
A song heard on the radio is so much more satisfying than the same played from your personal playlist.

4 Likes

What kind of variety are they offering? A good station that isn’t too constrained by The Hits is a good find when they’re around

Yeah, there’s a “serendipity” feeling that can’t be beat, when the radio plays the perfect song. And often, that’s how new stuff winds up on my “Sapo’s Hits” playlist (which is in reality titled “rando”).

WICB plays a lot of modern rock, so mostly I tune in for their speciality shows like Reggae Explosions, Jazz Impressions, City Vibes (local stuff) … WITH is NPR-backed I think, but also music-focused (as opposed to talk/news) and does a lot of folk-y stuff with shows like Open Tunings.

Most/many of the songs I hear on these two stations, I’ve never heard before. With Reggae Explosions, it’s definitely not a Marley-hits show.

1 Like

The song No More Tears is sick af. Ozzy is a legend.

You know this one? dat melody and lyric. Jake E. Lee on that outro, too good.

3 Likes

The pacing is a little too glacial and ponderous for my taste, but the lyrics for sure. On the nose enough to wonder what was behind them.

yeah. It’s almost a ballad… a bit of a departure from, say, standard Ozzy.

That Speak of the Devil album is a treasure. Double-live album of all Sabbath tunes, not long after Randy Rhoads’ death. So inspired.

I have not listened to this double live album with that in mind. Allow me to add it as a playlist… Appreciate the context too.

1 Like

Contrary to popular belief, that is actually Christina Hendricks’s hand, not Mena Suvari’s.

1 Like

This entire youtube channel is amazing. Some really stunning covers with classical guitar.

2 Likes

I mean wtf. What a rare talent.

1 Like

Brings me no joy to say new Grimes is really good.

Is she the Gabriella from that duo?

was hoping she’d sing in that Cat Stevens vid, but still nice

2 Likes