What are you listening to

I’d like to report shats fired.

4 Likes

all opinions are welcome in this thread, 'cept for jalfrezi lol jk

lawnmower mang is a rare talent, a bright and fun contributor to discussions.

I’m happy to see him itt!

now, let’s all listen to Paulie D’s sublime walrus entry and chill out.

2 Likes

Skip to about 2 minutes in if the intro bores you

1 Like

I like it a lot. It works especially well as a coda to the soundtrack

1 Like

Can’t believe how long it’s been since I last listened to Movement by New Order. Absolute mastery.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think she’s a rare talent. It sounds mediocre to me. The reason I know it’s mediocre is because it sounds like my stuff that I work on for months before I nail it.

There was a guy on youtube I used to love waaaaay back in the day when I was super into classical guitar. His recording setup is hot garbage, but I love the arrangements, they’re brilliant.

2 Likes

Anyway, I’ve tried to get back into electronica recently (aka electronic douchebag music). The idea is to leverage my guitar skill mediocrity in a world of zero skill idiocracy known as DJs. I was informed that this is some “hot techno” so I endured this set to get a lay of the land.

At first I thought it was gonna be straight fire, but then I realized it wasn’t just an intro. So on one hand, I suppose I could see this being interesting if you’re so high you don’t know what planet you’re on. On the other hand, it’s fucking basic like Mario Paint. I’ve always said Vanna White has the best job in the world but I’m starting to wonder.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Any minute now Blade is going to pop in and slay some vampires, rofl

3 Likes

lol

1 Like

I’m in the mood for some apocalyptic hip-hop, who has anything like that? I will get it started with Busta and Wyclef:

PS: The Carnival was some absolutely incredible shit, right? A pop culture hip-hop album with an entire track in Haitian Creole. Who is bold enough to do that sort of thing in 2020?

4 Likes

Yeah, I loved the Carnival when it came out, and Apocalypse was my jam for sure. Something about Wyclef has always bothered me a little bit, and I’ve never been able to put my finger on it. And I know some parts of that album probably didn’t age well. But, man, I was pretty floored by it back then.

3 Likes

Well, he did dumb shit like sample “Staying Alive” like a Haitian Puffy, but he also did some rad shit too.

Listen to all of it, but at 1:40 esp

2 Likes

Herd this band on one of my random Spotify radio playlists and I really like just about every song

1 Like

I don’t do the walruses but still check them out here and there

Shit is still in my head, and I love it.

3 Likes

Well, after awarding that first place in the Walrus I just stuck the album on whilst we were doing the evening routine. My wife lasted till song seven before saying she couldn’t take it anymore and seems to have put on The Beatles instead.

2 Likes

I have no idea what level this is on, but I like it.

1 Like