Walrus Grab Bag 6 - Reveal Thread!

In 9th place with no points

Song: What Lies Ahead
Artist: SEMBLANT

5 Likes

from here on everyone did an okay job and itā€™s just based on my mood at the moment

1 Like

Not mine, but I like this.

4 Likes

In 8th place with 2 points

Song: Rollercoaster
Artist: Bleachers

Oh great, a hipster asshole who is probably very talented at making music but decided to dedicate his talents into making Jason Biggs movies soundtracks because of irony or post-irony. That douche probably has NFTs.

Edit - he does.

3 Likes

A+ gif game to start.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the category again?

songs youā€™ve never heard before

In 7th place with 3 points

Song: Sweetest Kill
Artist: Broken Social Scene

So this is the only artist iā€™ve heard before. Iā€™m sure this is super good for the low-fi dark thiingy itā€™s suppose to be. I didnā€™t feel it. Also the video is very unpleasant and shit is super long for no reason. my main judging criteria ended up being am i having a good time bro and iā€™m straight up not having a good time, bro.

3 Likes

This was me and my terrible performance in this walrus continues. I will say I saw these results coming based on my hatred of the category choices.

3 Likes

itā€™s not you itā€™s me

1 Like

the next few songs got shuffled a bit in the order based on arbitrary things

I have only ever railed these things and Iā€™m like 75% sure the first song is matt.

Also I love bleachers so Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t join

5 Likes

Bottom 2 were great. 7th bored me.

Most importantly, no nodium!

2 Likes

In 6th place with 4 points

Song: Own Me
Artist: bĆ¼low

so this one is a casualty of timing. this AliExpress billie eilish entry was actually in 3rd on my initial ranking, but i grew to like some of the other songs a bit more. the first 30 seconds of the songs are very cool but then like nothing changes or happens. i guess it ā€œworksā€ with the fact that nothing happens in the video either.

2 Likes

nah, you should join. i only judge one category. walrus are fun. weā€™re having fun. this is fun.

2 Likes

The fuck is this

1 Like

bulow - own me reminded me of this moment in the snl skit, so maybe it helped

3 Likes

in 5th place with 5 points

Song: Christophe Waltz
Artist: The Electric Peanut Butter Company

there is a very famous song from one of the most famous albums in 1970s israel pop music. the song lyrics writer (also very famous) later said he wrote the words to it in 2 minutes while the song composer (you know, very famous) had him in a headlock yelling ā€œwrite a song write a songā€. maybe thatā€™s why it includes brilliant lines like ā€˜the sun is like a hard boiled eggā€™.

I imagine quentin tarantino did the same to these guys, as he needed the last piece to one of his soundtracks. itā€™s alright.

3 Likes

in 4th place with 6 points

Song: Different Kind
Artist: Frisco

so hereā€™s the thing. if i had to pick the song iā€™d most likely to turn up if itā€™s on the radio while iā€™m driving, this will be in first.

the problem is i just like grime and i didnā€™t really like a lot of the other things. iā€™ve heard enough of the genre to know this is a perfectly serviceable grime song, but nothing much more.

i liked it. dude got good flow. lyrics are trash. hook guy is awesome. not mad at it.

2 Likes

I DID IT

3 Likes