Walrus Grab Bag 5 Reveal

Oh, FFS. This was my shortlist for this category:

6 Likes

In 9th place with 2 points

Red Light Juliet 2: A Whole Haunting - Weerd Science

I like how different it is from the others. The background music is unique and I like the synthesizer orchestra type of soundtrack. The story is interesting and its cool how it leaves it open ended. That being said, I just liked the other songs a bit more.

4 Likes

are you a serial killer?

4 Likes
  1. How many scores do we get to scratch?
  2. You’re wrong.
  3. No regrets. This is a great song.
5 Likes

Maybe.

3 Likes

nano and I have this thing going where we give each other 'diums…

Glad you still liked it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In 8th place with 3 points

Colors - Black Pumas

This may not be the most interesting story out of the bunch, but it makes it up with the music. The audio is so rich and sounds so good. I like the ooze part.

Notes: Ok, not the MOST narrative track, but there’s certainly a story there. Thought you’d like it.
If it was a different category, I would have rated it more favorably.

2 Likes

And nodium-free so far!

6 Likes

Nodium avoided, time to relax

4 Likes

My life is ruined.

5 Likes

That version is 1 minute shorter.

This is the full song and will maybe work for everyone.

1 Like

Wait did I send the wrong version?? I meant to send the album version, which is better.

In 7th place with 4 points

Delia - Blind Willie McTell

I really like his voice and how it wavers a bit. It just sounds really neat. His fingerpicking is to die for.

2 Likes

I actually sent this:

Oh well, all good either way.

5 Likes

Oopsie

5 Likes

Controversy

5 Likes

In 6th place with 5 points

O Valencia! - The Decemberists’

Note from submitter: Like the category idea. Here’s a modern take on Romeo and Juliet that isn’t Taylor Swift’s Love Story.

First of all, thank you. I agree with you, I’m a fan of this Romeo + Juliet sort of thing. I’m also a fan of the whole pop-y lighthearted sound. I like that this lovely little song has this sad ending. Am I a bad person for that? Maybe. I feel like it just gives it more oomph.

4 Likes

Dang, thought I would have done better than 6th after seeing the same group under “what I would have submitted” in your intro.

4 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes