Walrus Grab Bag 5 Reveal

Which makes my feat all the more impressive and I humbly accept the forthcoming reversal in scoring

1 Like

Wow this is great

1 Like

Holy shit

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken I may have placed three titans of Walrus on the nodium (Louis, Pyat, Pauwl)…I am sure they will have some thoughts on what that says about my judging ability.

Fortunately they have a chance at a palate-cleanser in about 50 minutes time as @nano (who has now podiumed both my categories she has entered) will be doing her reveal.

2 Likes

@everyone
Walrus Judgement Day @ 12!!!

Be Prepared

@superuberbob
@microbet
@Pauwl
@crash_face
@LouisCyphre
@smrk4
@eyebooger
@cassette
@pyatnitski

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Missed all that, which was for the best. I like @seities, I do. No, really, I do. But, y’know…

R1

6 Likes

To start off with something before the actual judging.

Here is my category:

Category host name: nano
Category: Songs that tell a consistent story. The chorus can repeat but it has to have storytelling elements and a plot you can make out.
Something like The Devil Went Down To Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band
Musical tastes: Pretty diverse. Not a big fan of screamo type stuff but some can slip by. I know that song is country but I am also not a big fan of the newer country. Everything else i will probably like.
Any other judging notes: I am primarily judging it on how much I like it. If there is a story in a song that I think is particularly interesting or well written that will help.

This is what I would have chosen for the category.

The Mariner’s Revenge Song - The Decemberists’

(Not related to any posters, merely coincidental that someone submitted this band)

3 Likes

Think I’m in trouble here.

4 Likes

I’m actually pretty confident about my selection. Think I made this my joker.

5 Likes

Triangulate my ass, you clown!

7 Likes

Just like seities, I liked all of the songs. It was very difficult to rank these songs. So if your submission gets at the bottom, don’t let it ruin your life.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s not the greatest metaphor. Scarlxrd hits every single corner in all of his songs. Can’t place him anywhere on that triangle as a result.

1 Like

In 10th place with 1 point

The Highwayman - Loreena McKennit

Oh, you sweet poor thing. This sucks. You know, if you chose the original singer who made a song out of this poem, you would have gotten first place. The guy who first sang this song is named Phil Ochs and I used to be obsessed with him. This is my favorite song by him. Unfortunately, I am not the biggest fan of this version. Maybe it’s because I am kind of biased and have such a tie to the other version. I don’t think it is a bad version. In fact, the instrumentals and singer is very talented. I find the melody a bit repetitive, but I think that’s just because the song is over 10 minutes.

The version I like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX1o1yLIvak

7 Likes

Any other judging notes: Anything overly familiar will be penalized. Also, I am not scoring higher based on where in the triangle your suggestion would fit. That is to say, some hybrid rap/hardcore/grunge/electro someone is able to dig up would not necessarily score any higher than a submission that would fall directly on top of one of the above songs on the triangle.

1 Like

Nano opening with FIRE.

7 Likes

Yeah what happened to “I like them all”?? Now I’m nervous

3 Likes

Video was unavailable. I googled this one that works for me:

1 Like

This is nano’s pre-judging mantra:

2 Likes

Hahaha love it.

4 Likes