Walrus Grab Bag 5 Reveal

wal1

After a long road filled with category choice, administration and cold nights staring at your spotify history it’s time to kick back. It’s here that our beloved musical offerings will receive criticism, indifference and, very occasionally, praise. Welcome to the reveal thread!

Etiquette

I think we should aim for just one reveal a day, though if schedules demand more then they demand it. It’d be good to post your intention in advance, and I will attempt to keep an OFFICIAL SCHEDULE up to date and re-posted liberally.

What’s a reveal?

Easiest thing to do is read one in the previous Grab Bag thread.

But the essentials are you do a post per song, giving the score, the YT link and some words summarising your thoughts about it. Reveals are traditionally done in reverse order.

Best to @ everyone a little while before you start.

Scoring

10th and last place = 1 point, 1st place = 10 points, fill in the gaps.

Timing

Afraid as a pathetic Euro I’ll be tucked up in bed by 7pm Eastern at the latest, so if it’s after that then I won’t be about to clear up who submitted what. In the past we’ve often done them before that and it seems to produce a rail, but I’m not going to impose my daytime on the rest of you, obviously.

Best thing to do is advertise the rough start time when you book a slot.

When can we start?

Now!

wal2

@superuberbob
@seities
@nano
@microbet
@Pauwl
@crash_face
@LouisCyphre
@smrk4
@eyebooger
@cassette

6 Likes

zomg now?

1 Like

Afraid there’s no one currently scheduled, but there is at least now a place to schedule them.

Excited Girl

2 Likes

you are about to have a lot of disappointed marine mammals.

3 Likes

Disappointing

What an emotional rollercoaster the last couple of minutes were

3 Likes

3 Likes

I definitely read that part as “I’m revealing now!”

1 Like

My apologies. I’ve used the same wording for previous reveal threads intending to convey that people can start scheduling their reveals immediately, but I can understand the issue. I have altered the wording and I hope the little car thing is OK.

2 Likes

Ha, I looked at the last reveal thread and saw that Pauwl did an electronic music category. I either hadn’t seen that, or forgot about it. Sorry to make people repeat a category :frowning_face:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a repeat. Your tastes are different enough.

4 Likes

Definitely not a repeat. I would not have submitted to Pauwl what I submitted to Crash.

3 Likes

Will do this weekend. Not sure which day just yet.

3 Likes

“Electronic music” is a super wide category, you could probably do one every walrus if someone was so inclined.

This is looking like the last category I did. There’s a clear split in the middle between the good and the bad. Unlike the last time, the good here isn’t quite as good as the last time. Hell, that Walrus got me into folk metal.

Shit, I think I have my category for Walrus 6.

1 Like

If you want to send me entry lists for any potential post 7 pm reveals, im normally up until like 2 am et.

Yall just make sure you at me for later reveals

2 Likes

I’ll go tomorrow, will give a rough ETA in advance.

8 Likes

Well, seities stole my thunder and I have a rookie draft Friday and Bloodborne to play. I’ll let these country songs marinate for while.

3 Likes

I’m going to get through mine pretty fast I think, so would be happy to do a double-header if you like?

Oh no, I’m not doing anything today. I was sorta planning to start rankings and write ups but I’ve got other stuff to do.