Walrus Grab Bag 5 Reveal

Oh I just meant if you wanted to do your reveal tomorrow it doesn’t bother me if we both went on the same day :slight_smile:

But do what works for you, Pauwl! I’m sure my submission is in an unshakeable first place, but perhaps the rest need more marination…

1 Like

Actually, is @everyone awake right now? I can do it today.

4 Likes

Do it do it do it

@ everyone for a heads up I guess. How does that work?

I feel like I should wait so everyone can watch it together for the reveals.

Actually it may not be fair for the foreigners.

Ok no problem. How do you @ someone? Just type @nano ?

1 Like

Correct

How many participants are in Europe? Seems like at least 2 or 3

@everyone to alert everyone subscribed to this channel. @ a specific name to call someone else. I have only played this game once before but i think on average people announce the time they will go before but saying something like:
@ everyone I will be going in an hour
And then at the beginning of the official judging time you @ every specific handle. Just like what pyatnitski has been doing

And something like that. It is like 2 am in the UK

3 Likes

Oops, wrote as reply

7 Likes

Change that to 12 pm Pacific Time!

2 Likes

Fast start. Seems seities is fine with doubling up so I will give my much required blessings. And add the:

OFFICIAL PROPER SCHEDULE TABLE OF VALID EVENTS

Name Time
seities 2021-06-09T17:11:00Z
nano 2021-06-09T19:00:00Z
superuberbob 2021-06-11T22:00:00Z - 2021-06-12T22:00:00Z
4 Likes

I mean, I’m all for sharing the stage but this new Walrus on the Block @nano is throwing adorable custom images into the mix. Now my reveal is going to look even more pedestrian!

3 Likes

@everyone planning to start my reveal in about 2 hours.

5 Likes

My first reveal… oh, the nerves. I have different expectations for the various categories. For seities I didn’t know the genre(s) well, so just submitted the first decent one I could think of. Honestly just hoping to avoid nodium.

For nano my expectations are a little higher, but not expecting podium

4 Likes

It’s time for the seities preamble…

At first I was genuinely bothered by having to rank all these songs. It’s usually not the most fun part of this grotesque spectacle anyway, but it’s even harder when you like every song.

After some more listens I felt more comfortable putting them in some sort of order. The top two are definitely the top two. All the rest could still slide several places within the remaining available space over time. I liked everything, and every single submission may have podiumed one of my other categories. But I can say how I have them ranked in this reveal is a reflection of in what order I most want to re-listen to them right at this moment.

It doesn’t feel “fair” to be putting songs on a nodium that were such good submissions. But as has been said before, “All’s fair in love and Walrus”. This is a game, and a ranking game at that. So regardless of where you place, I urge you to keep this image and what it teaches us in mind:

Walrus is Pain. Come get some.

@superuberbob
@nano
@microbet
@Pauwl
@crash_face
@LouisCyphre
@smrk4
@eyebooger
@cassette
@pyatnitski

10 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t confident about this category.

2 Likes

Lol at the CanadaMatt callback. Classic.

4 Likes

This is not an invitation to nodium me!!!1!

3 Likes

This was the category I finalized last, and either this or the country category is the one I spent the most time on.

Hopefully I can have another good start.

3 Likes