Walrus Grab Bag 5 Reveal

Another good song. My favorite category so far in this walrus going by submissions.

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m guessing we are down to you/me/cassette?

That does not bode well for me…

2 Likes

Louis still alive, yes?

I haven’t listened to Trivium lately but IIRC they are generally not as growly as in this song. I think they might be right up your alley.

1 Like

No, I finished in 6th.

Sorry missed it

Is smrk4 a metal head? Why so much metal in this category? Or is that just where the mythology is?

1 Like

In 3rd place scoring 9 points: Sepultura - Ratamahatta

I actually don’t know much Sepultura, but this song seems a little atypical for them? Anywho, it’s awesome. I appreciate you taking us to a different continent, it kicks all kinds of ass like the previous entry, and while the singing is aggressive, it doesn’t have that pure growling aspect to it. Good job.

In 2nd place scoring 9 points: Tinariwen - Sastanàqqàm

The desert is central to all Tuareg culture and mythology

Speaking of different continents, just a few dudes rocking out in the Sahara. It’s just perfectly done, great groove, wouldn’t expect anything less from a left handed bassist and one left handed guitarist.

In 1st place scoring 10 points: mewithoutYou - Red Cow

I think what won me over with this one are the lyrics, they are really amazing. We somehow got from the “Red sea flood” to the “Nebraska sky”, that’s like 3500 years. Just wonderful. I’d really recommend reading them after listening, they hold their own poetically.

5 Likes

Yep

3 Likes

Ah. I got second so probably best I didn’t go the metal route

Some good songs here, thanks for reveal @smrk4

3 Likes

YYYAAASSSSSSSSSSS

So glad I picked the right time to submit it. I’ve almost submitted that song a few times previously but then this category came along and I couldn’t not send this in. So glad you liked it.

Great reveal with a lot of great songs. Thanks smrk4!

4 Likes

I don’t remember. He’s been in tons of Walruses, but he changed his avatar and now he’s like a stranger to me.

3 Likes

Ty, a lot of great submissions, it was hard to rank. Plus following crash_face… ouch. Next revealer will have a far easier act to follow!

4 Likes

Damn, whole podium rules. I have Ratamahatta in my gym playlist and second place is a pearler. crash_face is making a hell of a Walrus debut I have to say.

2 Likes

This is from the album Roots for which they contacted an indigenous tribe and recorded the songs with them. That’s why it has this tribal sound. Not sure how Ratamahatta fits the category though.

3 Likes

Finished listening to the podium. Three top notch submissions.

2 Likes

Last place twice in a row.

Don’t want to conflict with any other judging, but I’m pretty much ready. Is doing it tonight bad? At like 9pm Pacific Time is not too late on the East Coast and Euros are almost awake?