Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

2 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

@Nicholasp27

Arrrrg, my sanity

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve been listening to French hard rock while playing board games for the last hour.

1 Like

And now YouTube thinks I want Brazilian melodic death metal. Can’t say they are wrong.

@oldtakesexposed

8 Likes

Today

3:30pm Eastern

5 Likes

Just noting that while the top 4 is settled, there are a few other performances that stand out:

Pauwltastic award for most results in The Pauwl Zone - smrk4 has an unassailable lead here with 9 Pauwls.

The Pyatriffic award for the most combined 'diums - Not surprisingly, Goatnitski is currently in the lead with 8 total. Can potentially be tied by eyebooger or CM3004 if they get a 'dium and Pyat gets a Pauwl.

2 Likes

Glad not much is at stake bc I’m almost throwing darts at the wall here. These really didn’t connect with me so it’s all just a heap of meh. Prolly won’t listen to more than 2 of these ever again.

Sounds like we’re in for a real barn burner starting about 40 mins from now!

Hmmm… I actually liked my submission.

i always enjoy people telling me i’m meh, but i love it the most when i wait 3 weeks for it.

4 Likes

It’s fine because my song is one of the two.

Well this should be interesting

Hmmmmmm

Ok, let’s get started

And I was serious about revealing before March when I made that post, but that was 4 family hospitalizations, 2 family moves and 1 family death ago. February was a busy month.

3 Likes

The bottom 4 or so we roughly equal so last place goes to the one that was not really stripped down as the tiebreaker. The song is ok, but it’s the kind of slow song that doesn’t connect with me rather than the slow ones that do. Not sure how to describe it; I can see why some like it, but it’s not my taste.

Neko Case - “Margaret vs Pauline”

2 Likes

The next one is tough to rank as the video doesn’t seem to work anymore. It’s one song in a 9 hour video and both my pc and my phone won’t load it these days. But I had heard it a few times earlier and it was always in this bottom tier and I listened to the non-acoustic again to remember it. It’s ok, but I didn’t love the song, the sound quality, or the fact that I can’t hear it again now.

** Sunny Day Real Estate - Tearing In My Heart (Acoustic)**

1 Like

Rounding out the nodium is another song that wasn’t stripped down.

A lot of instrumental time in the song when I was looking for heavy vocals. And it’s another slow one that doesn’t hit my sweet spot. It’s ok and I can see how a clip of this playing behind the show in a scene may hit you; I’ve had that happen a lot when watching shows/movies, but they don’t always translate to the full song I’d want to listen to over and over again.

Lera Lynn - Lately

3 Likes