Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

walrus

Welcome. This is where we’ll say exactly how terrible at choosing and listening to songs we all are.

Etiquette

Think we should aim for just one reveal a day, though if schedules demand more then they demand it. It’d be good to post your intention, and I will attempt to keep an OFFICIAL SCHEDULE up to date in the second post of the thread.

What’s a reveal?

Easiest thing to do is read one in the previous Grab Bag thread.

But the essentials are you do a post per song, with the score given, the YT link and some words summarising your thoughts about it. Reveals are traditionally done in reverse order.

Best to @ everyone a little while before you start.

Scoring

12th and last place = 1 point, 1st place = 12 points, fill in the gaps.

Timing

Afraid as a pathetic Euro I’ll be tucked up in bed by 7pm Eastern at the latest, so if it’s after that then I won’t be about to clear up who submitted what. In the past we’ve often done them before that and it seems to produce a rail, but I’m not going to impose my daytime on the rest of you, obviously.

Best thing to do is advertise the rough start time when you book a slot.

When do we start?

Now!

@seities
@eyebooger
@SwankyWilder
@skydiver8
@Pauwl
@anon29622970
@NotBrucez
@LouisCyphre
@smrk4
@Nicholasp27
@CanadaMatt3004
@Yuv

6 Likes

OFFICIAL SCHEDULE

Name Time
Yuv Done (post 41)
Pauwl Done (post 137)
Seities Done (post 234)
smrk4 Done (post 286)
pyatnitski Done (post 400)
LouisCyphre Done (post 534)
meb Done (post 613)
NotBruceZ Done (post 740)
skydiver8 Done (post 811)
SwankyWilder 2021-02-20T00:00:00Z
eyebooger 2021-02-21T00:00:00Z
4 Likes

Ill be good to go Tuesday. Will update closer to the day re timing.

5 Likes

I’ll reveal Saturday at 3pm ET, which I think was agreed on in past Walruses

6 Likes

I’ll go at 12 pm pacific tomorrow if its okay with everyone

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure I can reveal before March unlike those 3 slackers

3 Likes

gonna be close imo.

2 Likes

Oops, fixed.

1 Like

I can already tell this is going to take longer than my normal listen/rank/reveal time, due to the nature of my category. y’all sent some deep songs.

I’ll commit to a time soon though.

4 Likes

Are you going to read the lyrics first without listening to the music to judge how poetic they are?

1 Like

I’m doing that right now (already “lightly” listened once).

Anybody elses site look super weird right now?

I’ll take Weds 10th, can start at 3pm EST or any time after

2 Likes

For real going through and reading the reveal thread from the last grab bag is a lot of fun.

I lol’d all over again seeing @CanadaMatt3004 ’s extreme enthusiasm heading into the first reveal, followed immediately by his song being revealed in last place. Also just lots of funny comments all through the thread.

It’s also super fun when other people comment about liking your submission, even if it places poorly in a reveal. Its why I try to err on the side of more risky submissions if I am stuck between a few options.

Walrus is da bes.

5 Likes

Are these local times?

Oh it is. Super. Tminus 1.5 hours or so

I believe it should show local time to whoever is looking at it. Spooky!

1 hour to go

2 Likes

Zomg!

There are 12 entries for each category correct? I just read this and got scared.