Walrus Grab Bag 3 Sign Up—GOAT Music Thing Returns

If Pauwl spent half the time he spends deleting messages in writing up the reveal we would already have one category down.

@skydiver8 I highly doubt you are the offender based on the song.

3 Likes

I definitely did not read your previous grab bags and mostly just picked out songs I like for every category.

1 Like

I think I have to delete some mean stuff in my write ups too.

2 Likes

I haven’t done a reveal before, out of curiosity, does a ‘it’s not you it’s me’ soft landing assuage the anguish of those who finish last, or does it merely lay bare the spineless unworthiness of the judge?

1 Like

i will bet all the money I lost on pauwl that it wasn’t your entry.

I’ve been the bad guy before and it left a bunch of people butt hurt. Now, I try to be nice and at least say something positive and keep it brief. You don’t have to go full “it’s not you, it’s me”, but I would try not to write off a whole genre as garbage as opposed to just saying you don’t like it.

1 Like

me too.

Of course it doesn’t work and I end up sounding bitchy anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Some of my past reviews have been like:

“I can see how somebody might be into this”

or

“It’s nice words”.

At the risk of bringing the wrath of gods down on my head:

“I’m sorry you feel that way”

1 Like

I go with “bless your heart” for the nodiums.

4 Likes

4 Likes

This is what happens if you get last place in my walruses.

I lied, I’m gonna reveal two songs here.

Let me just paste my stream of consciousness notes for 15th place.

“holy fuck, what is this? Why are my ears bleeding. Why does it sound like a middle age woman is trying to sing like a 5 year old? What is happening?”

In 15th place, scoring 1. Pyantinski - Surfin USA by Melt Banana

“Enjoy”?

Melt-Banana - Surfin’ USA

The Ultimate Insult - May God Have Mercy On Your Soul - Billy Madison (Academic…

Yep, somehow somebody scored lower than a person who missed the category entirely.

4 Likes

Alright, we have a surprise late night drunk reveal! The best kind.

the link doesn’t work but having listened to melt banana before - bold move cotton.

Lol no. That’s my old reveal. Poor Melt Banana

Still takes self control to not send you Melt Banana every time.

3 Likes

There is one fairly obvious song for your category that you previously ranked in 11th place so I had to scratch that from my list. At least I hope that’s what you are referring to because my other explanation would put me back in contention for last place.

In case anyone somehow misses it, reveal thread is now live here:

1 Like

That Melt Banana track is what turned me from a lurker to a poster - I will always hold it dear

4 Likes

The best that I have submitted was for a category that doesn’t exist.

1 Like

You can bring your own style. I mostly try to be positive but I have also included lines like “Is this even supposed to be listened to?” in past reveals. Sometimes there is no way to sugarcoat it.