Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

Surely the winner of the not yet done ‘best intro’ category.

9 Likes

Maybe I’ll make an exception for the occasional Sweet Child o’ Mine.

1 Like

this was my other choice

2 Likes

I wanted to re-submit a song I sent to @seities in his walrus. It would have also come last, but I would have been fine with it. Sadly it’s not on youtube anymore except as part of a compilation, and I knew how annoying it would be to have to deal with that.

Here it is, though, it’s a magnificent sweary song. (Xerox Girls - Shut Your Mouth)

3 Likes

Sorry if TMI, but I was going into one of my fun spirals this afternoon (possibly withdrawals after that sweet, sweet double reveal binge) and coming back to the banter in this thread was a nice little dose of methadone.

@eyebooger that gif usage was exceptional.

4 Likes

Sunday ninja reveals, oh my! Dearest Dimash was mine. This was the first Dimash performance the youtube Gods put in recommendations, and it’s my second favorite performance of his after the one I sent to Louis. When I saw that it fit the time criterion and didn’t hesitate much. Don’t mind that it was polarizing but I’d just say that talent aside, it’s a pretty well structured pop song (it’s a cover of an 80s song iirc), and he builds really well when he goes into the vocal stratosphere. The lyrics if you read along are pretty poetic and his accent in French seems damn impressive.

1 Like

Oh FUCK I made the podium!!

6 Likes

Reveal eta?

2 Likes

Woot!

1 Like

I got 3rd so reveal in 3 days (good thing I didn’t get 11th!)

4 Likes

Had I known about this group before you introduced me to them, looks like I should have submitted this to your category:

Hahaha, this is really great. It would have scored high.

I forgot to comment on this. At the risk of pissing off Louis at the mention of one of his hated genres, I have always wondered if Stipe/REM wasn’t a closet Gilbert and Sullivan/light opera fan. He is the very model of a modern major patter singer. :grin: Fun factoid: light opera companies (back then and now) usually had/have one or two dedicated actors to perform the patter songs, because it is so challenging to do well. Also, there’s a reason those songs are the most memorable from G&S operettas. They are fun.

1 Like

I’m away for a few days starting tomorrow, I’m not planning on taking my laptop so although I can follow along on my phone I won’t have the ability to do the final score table and so on.

I’m assuming if not actually tomorrow then @Nicholasp27 is intending to do the reveal before Monday (when I’ll be back home) so can I ask for a volunteer? I’ll PM them the songs / submitters for the last category and the scores as they stand, then they can handle crowning Louis the admin.

Apologies for my laxness etc.

1 Like

I gotchoo fam.

4 Likes

Have you decided on a time?

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll finalize tomorrow and reveal this weekend. Not sure exactly when as I’m driving to Charleston to get my dad and move him to my house, but I’ll have plenty of time on the drive up to listen a few more times to finalize rankings and then will fit in the reveal when I can. Look for a surprise reveal sometime Friday or Saturday.

4 Likes

2 Likes