Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

by my best guess, Louis takes another of my top 5 with

5th place and 8 points

This actually started off sub 8th, but I get into it more with each listen. The lyrics (if you can catch them) are brutal and disturbing, which is exactly what I want to hear in my “Fuck Catholicism” music. Also, a couple reallllly good fucks in here.

3 Likes

IN 4th place with 9 points

Another song that started off closer to the bottom, but when the music really kicks in after the intro verse, it gets really really good.

Also, we’ve all been here, right? Nobody likes to feel this way, but when you do, having something to really put out with force how youre feeling has to be a great cathartic pillow screaming good time.

1 Like

Gonna give ya’ll a few to catch up prior to the podium. 2nd and 3rd actually aren’t set yet.

What metal genre do you want?

This song: Yes.

3 Likes

Another 4th for ya boy seities. I actually try not to listen to this song too much because it has this ability to get stuck on repeat in my head for days/weeks at a time, and well…its just not the best thing to have on repeat kickin around in there…

Anyway, glad you liked it :-)

4 Likes

Also gotta say, I quite enjoyed all three nodium songs.

2 Likes

Alright, lets do it!

Podium time

In 3rd place - Scoring 10

A lot of people are going to boothisman.gif for putting The Offspring ahead of legends The Dead Kennedys and Replacements, but I don’t care. I’ve heard both of the others before and this is actually a new Offspring song for me, and it rocks. The opening flurry of fucks is also really perfect for this song. Loved it, great time, gonna add it to my playlists.

3 Likes

Well I’m about to match Marv Levy for real or get my first W.

1 Like

Hmmmmmmmmm, Looking at the two remaining, Im gonna predict 2nd, but lets see.

2 Likes

In second place, scoring 11

Submitter comments: Amazing how this song is still so relevant while being dated at the same time. At 2:37 Michael Stipe finally says what we’re all feeling.

Yeah, this is good. 100% agree with the submitter here. What an apt song for our current times. Nobody does reading off lists of shit better than Stipe. No idea how he makes that stuff interesting or fun to listen to, but he does every time. Its a really special talent in my mind. Not much to say outside of this being just a very strong, interesting listen with a great use of the word fuck multiple times through the song.

2 Likes

Nope! Just kidding got the W!

7 Likes

Nice! This is a hell of a submission. Lets get to it.

3 Likes

Heyyyyyyyyyy, guess what got number 1 from the first listen?

In 1st place, scoring 12

ohhhhhhh man this is good shit. Like, Anyone who cant take this back to their school year summers and just float away for four minutes missed out on a good childhood.

Feels great motherfucker.

Yeah

4 Likes

I felt it matched what you asked for perfectly but was still super nervous about it. Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

Its fantastic, congrats, and well submitted.

3 Likes

Interesting song, too hard to rank off one listen. Didn’t love it but could see it either growing on me or growing stale.

I appreciate all the submissions, sorry it took so long for a reveal

2 Likes

Maybe a little unlucky, this song is pretty sweet on my headphones.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reveal CM! Liked quite a bit in this category and appreciate the reveal.

Also, congrats to @anon29622970 who is having quite the grab bag considering the madlad went straight into hosting one before ever having participated.

3 Likes

This is really good.

1 Like