Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

Your Category Champion earning 12 points - Coconut Records - West Coast

This was one of the songs that inspired this category for me, as I’ve known this song for quite awhile and really love it. I think it’s cool that you can find an unexpectedly great song like this that was part of a side project of Jason Schwartzman. He wrote every song and played most of the instruments on the entire album. This one in particular just has a really catchy indie-pop feel to it.
Ultimately it won out because my very subjective viewpoint decided this was the best song submitted and I shouldn’t downgrade it for already knowing it.

6 Likes

Well judged.

(edit - lol this gif is annoying me now)

5 Likes

This was mine. My other option was Coconut Records.

4 Likes

This is why I figured you’d be mad. When he posted yours I actually went back to my submission message and made sure I didn’t paste in the wrong link :rofl:

In my initial rankings based on first listen it was going to be back to back Steve Martin reveals, but going back through yours grew on me more and jumped it up a few places.

1 Like

I mean, come on, man. How easy would it have been to do a 1st place writeup for a song titled Hail to the Victor?!

Anyway, nice reveal anyway. :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

4 Likes

yikes

Probably good you didn’t choose that. Might have ranked it below Bruce out of principle.

I thought Manson was too obvious. I was looking at old tracks by Phil Spector, but the guy can’t sing for shit.

1 Like

I thought of Manson, I also checked out the music by the guy behind the Japanese sarin attacks. It’s pretty shitty.

3 Likes

I guess some people are only talented in one area.

4 Likes

you know, i never really gave any credence to the “eyes are the window to the soul” type of metaphysical bullshit…

…then I saw a picture of Charles Manson.

1 Like

Not surprising that the moment i win a category there’s no more standings updates

1 Like

The only relevant standings are:

1.skydiver8

2 Likes

More and more things I should have submitted are flooding into my head.

2 Likes

I did it even before the winner was posted, but then I watched the biathlon instead of posting. It’s still a bit of a one horse race.

5 Likes

that’s cause you’re watching the wrong race.

I am interested in the race for having a unique score in each category. only me and my nemesis, @seities, are still live for that feat.

2 Likes

I dunno, I’ve just wrapped up the all important “first to get all spots on the podium” crown.

3 Likes

Congrats! well deserved. Shout out for @CanadaMatt3004 for being the only one with all 3 nodiums spots. The real heroes here.

6 Likes

Woot!

4 Likes