Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

In 4th Place earning 9 points - Tenacious D - Master Exploder

The last of the easy outs I had in mind for this category. This submitter benefits from the fact that I loved Tenacious D when I was in college, so this was a nice throwback for me.

4 Likes

Who do we still have in on the podium?

Present.

Surprised.

5 Likes

You’re the judge, but Jack Black will forever be more famous to me for Tenacious D than for the rest of his career. But this track is one of the goats.

5 Likes

There’s an argument there but I did say I’d give leeway on close calls. I’d say the average person knows him more as an actor first.

3 Likes

I’m in. Just joined.

Your category was the 2nd one i picked and was pretty confident in it. Glad that worked out. It had almost no Steve Martins in it.

5 Likes

How did goatnitski struggle to find an entry for my historical event category, yet he’s going to ship this with some underground banger by Boutros Boutros-Ghali

5 Likes

I rarely listen to lyrics. My research for yours was, “did X do a historical song? Who the fuck knows?” Repeated a thousand times.

2 Likes

In 3rd Place earning 10 points - Dead Man’s Bones - My Body’s A Zombie For You

I had no idea about this Ryan Gosling side project until I heard this song. Gonna be honest, I went into listening to this the first time with the expectation that it was gonna be bad and one of the examples of Actors who shouldn’t have attempted music, so I was quite surprised to find that this is actually a really great song.

5 Likes

First good song. (Sorry everyone else.)

1 Like

Haven’t listened to it yet but the title is definitely something.

1 Like

Before we get to the top two, a moment to share one more inspiration for this category that no one submitted. You might know Ben Platt from the Netflix series The Politician, or the Pitch Perfect Movies, or if you’re a theater buff from Dear Evan Hansen (for which he became the youngest actor ever to win a Tony and the youngest person ever to win 3/4 of an EGOT). He’s got some pretty interesting music of his own too.

This is basically the “what I would have submitted” of this category.

4 Likes

lol, I think of Ben Platt as a musician first, I guess.

:muscle: :muscle:

5 Likes

So if you’re still in at this point, sorry to the person who finished 2nd. You got unlucky. Both songs are deserving winners and I was super torn on this decision. One was a song I knew very well and loved and the other was a song I’d never heard before this category.

2 Likes

In 2nd Place earning 11 points - Matt Berry - Take My Hand

The comments on this song told me that the submitter was maybe a little worried I wouldn’t have heard of Matt Berry, but I am familiar with his comedic work. What I was not familiar with was his music, and this song is really impressive. He has such a unique voice as a comedic actor, that I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that he would have a great singing voice too.

4 Likes

I knew I’d come second after I was mean about people’s songs a little earlier.

3 Likes

Claiming Tenacious D. I struggled with this category but felt it was a strong submission. Happy with 4th!

1 Like

Booooooo. I officially am now participating under protest

1 Like

Agreed

my life goal is to be able to post a celebratory gif without going through the slight panic of maybe i missed my song being revealed in the nodium already

2 Likes