Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

regretted

2 Likes

LOL

In 10th place earning 3 points - 30 Odd Foot of Grunts - Charlie’s Song

As the submitter of this song said, Russell Crowe can actually sing a little bit. Unfortunately, that alone doesn’t make for a good song, and Russell should probably stick to acting.

3 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

With the nodium out of the way, here’s an example of a song that would’ve placed a little above the nodium. If you got suckered into watching Vox Lux like I did because you’re a fan of Natalie Portman, you watched a pretty terrible movie. But you also learned that Natalie is a pretty solid singer, and I suppose it helps when Sia writes the song for you.

3 Likes

well, I managed to avoid the nodium again, thankfully. Still not feeling great, but at least I didn’t submit a joke song…

5 Likes

If you wanna go with Natalie Portman there is a much more obvious choice…

Put me down for nodium #5!

Had difficulty with this category, so not too disappointed. (Unless someone did submit “Stars Are Blind” and I lost to that).

5 Likes
2 Likes

But really if you wanted to submit celebrity rap, no one can beat Ron Artest.

2 Likes

In 9th place earning 4 points - Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers - Pretty Little One

We’ve entered the entries by people who actually have musical talent. Steve Martin is well respected as a Banjo player, but I think he’s better when he leaves the singing to someone else as his vocals just don’t standup. You were also always fighting a bit of an uphill battle against my musical tastes on this one.

3 Likes

I have listened to worse.

1 Like

uh oh, mine is next i bet

1 Like

I liked this post for purely selfish reasons.

1 Like

i don’t blame you

1 Like

Bah, I almost chose one with a different vocalist but thought that would go against the spirit of the category

1 Like

You’re, uh…not going to like my entry then…

Lol, now I’m really curious

In 8th Place earning 5 points - Idris Elba - Make It Bump

On the other hand, this was a pretty decent submission considering my musical tastes, but it suffered for other reasons. Unfortunately, there just wasn’t enough there to keep me hooked. As you even said in your submission, this just gets a little repetitive.

2 Likes

Is it a DJ?

Edit: ponied