Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

I’m not clicking that.

(That was the Blur album that shook me off as a casual fan, IIRC)

2 Likes

I would quite like to have been able to submit the Disposition/Reflection/Triad trio, but it obv wouldn’t have met the requirements in a few ways, and I still felt my Haken submission had a better shot.

Regardless, it’s probably still my favourite segment of Tools music. Seeing that live in a dark venue was an almost religious experience.

Depending on what the last 13 minutes of Kangna brings this would round out my personal podium.

2 Likes

We’re all just staring up at skydiver and Louis.

Now I expect to see at least 3 reveal dates chosen when I check back tomorrow morning. It’s for your own good.

3 Likes

I think it’s also for the good of anyone within shouting distance of Yuv.

1 Like

smrk4 with an impressively solid walrus debut (i thnk) plus he’s not a north korean dictator. I think.

3 Likes

There’s a shorter version of it that they used for the movie The Reluctant Fundamentalist. If I had found a cleaner version of it I was definitely considering sending it to you to expand your horizons, alas the version from the movie had too much dialogue and movie noise in it, so you got something quite different from me.

this is mine, obv. Dammit, my podium streak is broken, but I still knew you’d like it.

Funny you mention Orbital, because I’m pretty sure they’ve worked together a lot. BT spent time in the UK in the early 90’s, and I think they influenced each other a lot. If you don’t know BT, you really should. He’s one of the most innovate composers out there.

This Binary Universe isn’t on Spotify, because a lot of the masters were stolen in a breakin…so the best place to find it is on youtube for streaming. this guy put up the whole album along with the videos he included with the release:

you also might like, his album just named _ (like, the underscore symbol, that’s the name of the album)

1 Like

I’ve done a few, I did ok in Loius’ first walrus, semi ok in the ‘make me move’ walrus (was that Matt or mjiggy?), there were others. I was killing the movie clip walrus but I don’t think we ever finished it. This was the first time I did a reveal though.

2 Likes

fine so you’re just okay for a walrus ringer

3 Likes

This is also great. Nice pick.

Top youtube comment:

2 Likes

From Louis’ Walrus, fucking suzzer always a step ahead

1 Like

The real measure of a walrus is the last-4-rounds-combined metric, and I think everyone remembers who that was.

2 Likes

the golden days of online walrus. I remember running my account to 5 figures sending nothing by Radiohead b-sides on WackyWarlus.com.

2 Likes

I’ll take Sunday

5 Likes

I had to wimp off to bed last night so missed listening to the podium.

I have to say I really enjoyed this category, and the write-ups as ever were top notch, and I listened to every submission. Prog rock really isn’t my bag at all, I was slightly ambivalent to the BT entry, but that Kangna thing blew my socks off and was surprised it didn’t win.

Having said that Holy Moly the winner is just awesome - just joyous. Loved it

2 Likes

whats the schedule. I can go Friday or Saturday next week if either are free

3 Likes

I’m off the nodium!

2 Likes

Schedule always in post 2 of the thread. One of Friday and Saturday is free, but @LouisCyphre also asked for one of them so you guys should coordinate.

That’s me told!

@LouisCyphre you choose - I’ll take the other

2 Likes