Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

That’s 2 nodiums in a row which means I’ll get a non-nodium next reveal!

Glad pyat enjoyed it at least

3 Likes

In the competition to be

smrk4 scores 8 points. This is a respectable score one can’t really complain about but I understand if he was hoping for more.

3 Likes

Bubble time

bubble

3 Likes

In 4th place with 9 points

The Pogues – Streets of Sorrow/Birmingham Six

I’m not sure how Walrus rules work, I wanted this to tie with 3rd so you could both share the podium, but by the slimmest margin I chose the next entry over this. What can I say, the first half of the song is very poignant, makes me think of Dire Straits’ Brothers In Arms. Beautiful. The second half picks up the pace and the ire, wrecking the justice system that put these innocent men in jail. The submitter highlighted these lyrics:

A curse on the judges, the coppers and screws
Who tortured the innocent, wrongly accused
For the price of promotion
And justice to sell
May the judged by their judges when they rot down in hell

For those who haven’t seen In The Name of The Father with Daniel Day Lewis, it’s about the the Guildford Four, who were also wrongly convicted and released after 15 years in prison. 94% on Rotten Tomatoes I think, worth your time.

Historical event: Birmingham Six - Wikipedia, Guildford Four

4 Likes

Back to back podiums! Let’s goooo!

7 Likes

ahem.

4/4 podiums? We have truly entered a new era of Walrus.

9 Likes

The hosts are obviously all scared of the ban-happy mod. I will accept no other explanation.

10 Likes

I gave @pauwl 8 points, he gave me 8 points.
I gave @smrk4 9 points, he gave me 9 points.

DO YOU SEE HOW THIS WORKS @seities?!

6 Likes

Maybe in the other categories. :stuck_out_tongue: This one was my strongest submission out of all my entries, imho.

1 Like

Sorry I was in a client meeting until now. This was mine. The part at 2:50 is my favorite bit and why I submitted the song. It’s like the guitar is screaming. I love it!

5 Likes

walrus1 walrus1 walrus1

Sorry I wanted to make their mustaches sparkle bronze, silver and gold but just ran out of time. Maybe next time?

9 Likes
4 Likes

This was mine - my slide down the points continues.

1 Like

I’ll be the judge of that.

Edit: I am being told I will NOT be the judge of that. It’s still smrk4.

7 Likes

In 3rd place with 10 points

Neutral Milk Hotel – Holland, 1945

Love the tempo throughout, and the lyrics are touching and masterful at times (worthy of the poetry category imo), ending with:

And it’s so sad to see the world agree
That they’d rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I’d want to keep white roses in their eyes

Definitely a band and song I didn’t know, so I’m grateful to have been introduced to them. Maybe hints of Death Cab in his voice? A worthy third.

Historical event: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Frank

5 Likes

Still hunting for that first W! I’ll take 3rd though.

2 Likes

I’m not bitter, but I will state that I considered The Pogues (a different track), and I considered that Neutral Milk Hotel one.

Well, I am bitter, it’s just there’s clearly no one at fault apart from myself.

2 Likes

Is that the French word for the host?

2 Likes

Malheureusement pas.

2 Likes

Gesundheit!

2 Likes