Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

You havent penciled me in for 12th yet?

For shame

1 Like

CM’s reveal is on Friday per sources @pyatnitski

Actually Thursday is fine, so I’m on for then. Someone else should sign up for Sunday. And all the other days.

2 Likes

Reveal will start in approx 2 hours from now.

4 Likes

Zomg!

2 Likes

Going to kick this off a little early. Partially so I can get it out of the way and focus on work, and partly because I can’t bear to see CM3004 wagging his tail and looking at me with excitement when I know I am likely to have to take him out behind the shed in short order…

@LouisCyphre
@SwankyWilder
@skydiver8
@smrk4
@anon29622970
@NotBruceZ
@pauwl
@pyatnitski
@CanadaMatt3004
@eyebooger
@Nicholasp27
@Yuv

7 Likes

Whether we go high or low, I love my submission for this round, God speed

2 Likes

Alright, let’s do this!

2 Likes

Oh wait. I’m not the biggest fan of this submission.

Abort

Abort

5 Likes

Yuv kicked this grab bag off by nobly insinuating that all songs were solid, and that any poor rankings were more likely his fault than yours.

I like to emulate nobility where I can…so I will also say that if you don’t rank highly, its more Yuv’s fault than it is yours.

Doubly so if Yuv himself does not rank highly.

For realz though, every song submitted here I feel like was a very good fit, and there were several instances where I felt like there was an effort to submit something shorter/faster/more uplifting - things I have looked for previously.

I also acknowledge that it would have helped everyone if I had been more descriptive in my category. “The song itself can chance” was meant to infer that any song that any song that breaks away from its general tempo at some point would qualify. I am sure if I had expanded on that it would have made life easier for some of you.

Still, I got a great batch of submissions. I wasn’t familiar with any of these songs, even if I was aware of some of the artists. I really don’t feel like any of the submissions are fit for the nodium, but the contest is what it is and I don’t make the rules.

Well, aside from the contributions I have made to the rules…

Erm…look over there! A Walrus!

ezgif.com-resize

On with the show.

6 Likes

This is one of the categories I would be most disappointed in ending up on the nodium for, so disappointment incoming!

2 Likes

In 12th place with 1 point

Arrested Development - Revolution

This was submitted with the comment “Fuck incrementalism” which I did appreciate.

The song starts with a strong message that is still prescient today. I’ve also gone on quite the rap/hip hop bender of late. It doesn’t deserve to come last, but…the song really just didn’t grab me for whatever reason. I think I find it repetitive and some of his rhymes hard to follow.

6 Likes

In 11th place with 2 points

Staind - Something to Remind You

This was almost last, but I pushed it up a ranking based on the live performance. I am a fan of some of Aaron Lewis’s stuff, and clearly this track connects with a lot of people. At a different point in time I could see me placing this quite close to, or even on, the podium. I am just really not in a phase right now where this is something I want to keep replaying.

3 Likes

I had trouble finding a song i like for this category and ended dead last. Fitting.

6 Likes

In 10th place with 3 points

Bad Religion - Change of Ideas

Oh boy. I mean, I’ve placed Bad Religion in top spot in a previous grab bag, and here it is rounding out the nodium. I just really felt no reason to come back to this song. I guess that’s the inherent danger of very short songs - the hook better work, and work fast. In this song, for me, it just didn’t do that. Still feels bad putting it this low though. Its just a very strong field.

4 Likes

Finally off the nodium!

6 Likes

Yay! I made it! You can post my song now.

eta: Wouldn’t that be serendipitous to be posted next. Plus I can use the curse excuse.

2 Likes

Huzzah, no nodium! Even though I’m sure everyone had me as Bad Religion

5 Likes

In 9th place with 4 points

Mikal Cronin - Change

You did all the right things with this submission. Fast, upbeat tempo. The song itself changes up. It’s even called “Change”. FFS WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT SEITIES!?!?

What can I say? It’s just a really tight contest leading up to the podium. This is most definitely a song I could see several ranks higher were I revealing on a different day. It’s fun, and a good submission.

2 Likes

That song does rock though. I love BR’s ability to really get their point across in less than a minute.

1 Like