Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

I was going to say no way that Arrested Development deserves to be below Staind but I ended up turning the AD song off so maybe (didn’t bother listening to Staind).

:exploding_head:

Glad seities enjoyed 9th through 7th because I didn’t really like anything there.

OK now we’re talking, this is good!

This song shreds but honestly I’m tired of music that sounds like this.

This is one of my coworker’s favorite bands. Good song but I still have Undertones as no.1.

This goes on for 7 minutes? Kudos to you for listening the whole way through and I guess giving it first place.

Edit: OK it’s growing on me a little as it goes on, maybe it does just need a few listens.

2 Likes

I love your days/weeks later category rails. It’s like 6ix, but for Walrus.

2 Likes

i prefer to do them live but it doesn’t always work out and I still want to listen!

1 Like

So are people never going to do their reveals? there’s not a single one scheduled from tomorrow till the 19th. come on people, quit your jobs, they’re not going anywhere.

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll just have to do a…

SURPRISE REVEAL!

Not now though, I’m working now

1 Like

I call shenanigans on myself!

1 Like

I think everything’s in hand for kick off in half an hour or so. Child still perilously awake, but surely soon unconscious.

5 Likes

The virtue? of my submission is that you can listen to it once and feel like you’ve listed to it 5 times, so actually it was a time saver, you’re welcome!

1 Like

I mean… bendaryl exists for a reason

2 Likes

So do pillows

1 Like

That’s much darker

1 Like

Let’s say ten minutes.

@seities
@eyebooger
@SwankyWilder
@skydiver8
@Pauwl
@anon29622970
@NotBrucez
@LouisCyphre
@smrk4
@Nicholasp27
@CanadaMatt3004
@Yuv

4 Likes

So, for the rail, I asked for long songs.

Why would I have done this? Wasn’t it stupid?

Well, probably it was, but in these days of endless home working I listen to music a lot anyway, and I wanted to pick a category where you were almost forced to send me something I would find a little bit interesting. I’ve always liked long songs.

I was particularly hoping for songs by bands that don’t normally do that sort of thing. Get them outside their comfort zone and forced to do something different. I realised when I was younger that those were the songs (or parts of songs) I loved the most, and tracking down stuff that always sounded like intros or outros or weird long or short songs opened up new worlds back when they weren’t just a spotify click away.

I got a few examples of that, and also some happy to just go where the sound required. Well done!

What might I have submitted? Obviously as a seasoned Walrus professional that would have depended on who asked, but here’s a song I’ve often thought the peak of its class, Moya by Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Just shy of eleven minutes of epic rock genius.

3 Likes

Let’s do it!

1 Like

I can only assume you got at least 5 submissions of Bat Out of Hell

1 Like

I wish.

2 Likes

Always a good start when

is nothing at all like what I submitted.

3 Likes

In 12th place with 1 point
Stars on 45 - Beatles Medley

This is 16 minutes of The Stars on 45 doing snippets of Beatles numbers in a continuous ‘medley’. I’ve not often chosen to listen to The Beatles and their work all smoothed out to the same drum beat didn’t make me want to revise that, but, you know, it’s still The Beatles. Those 4 cheeky scousers could write a tune and here you only get the bits anyone could recognise.

Something like this could have had a chance, perhaps shamefully I’ve often YouTubed 70s era James Last and his daft instrumental versions of hits, and I love proper jazz people doing pop songs. Here, though, it feels like no one really cared beyond having a cheap way to earn money in a copyright grey zone. The comments are full of people who loved this when they were small children, which seems about right. Apologies if I’m crushing some treasured memories.

2 Likes

Well this is one category i’m not going to listen to all the entries in.

4 Likes

I can’t remember, was it you or someone else who submitted something from Godspeed You Black Emperor to me in my walrus? Big mistake for me! This category definitely forced me to submit something that I’m guessing no one would’ve expected from me though.

1 Like