Walrus 13: Reveal!!

i guess i’ll just collect my 1 point for category 6 now too and then never do another walrus

3 Likes

In 10th place earning 2 points

Modest Mouse - Lives

Solid submission that fits well with this category. Perfect representation of a lot of my feelings about Modest Mouse in general. Always liked their music, but never clicked with me as much as some other things. Objectively good and would listen to, but never found myself super seeking it out.

Maybe you should host one? If you do, I promise I’ll participate so you can hand out nodiums to me!

2 Likes

Well now I’m getting the suspicion that this list is going to be in the reverse order I would have the list

Guessing this was 6ix

Just play a pitbull video and you will feel better about it. :grin:

1 Like

It’s possible. I feel almost certain you’ll like some of the top ones.

I’ve thought about it. Maybe I will. I dunno. It does seem like a lot of time to commit, but also my capacity for new music is basically nonexistent anymore and I could use a way to find some new things.

1 Like

pitbull yeah

In 9th place earning 3 points

Hop Along - How Simple

This was a new one to me and definitely an enjoyable listen. Also, pretty recent with it being a 2018 release, but feels appropriate in this category.

1 Like

Neg - I said MM was only good for 2nd here

Keep the nodiums coming, baby. That’s me.

1 Like

11 R.C
10 ?
9 cassette

In 8th place earning 4 points

Tame Impala - New Person, Same Old Mistakes

Another song not technically in the right decade but has the feel I was looking for. Just a solid psychedelic rock vibe.

1 Like

In 7th place earning 5 points

Guided by Voices - Back to the Lake

Really liked the sound of this song. Great backing guitar riff throughout. I think whoever submitted this did a good job of fitting this to the type of indie rock I had mentioned liking.

where’s everybody at lol

1 Like

Quality subs so far, imo. I’ve enjoyed each one, even though I’m quite unfamiliar with indie rock.

I’m still alive going into the top 6! Going for a personal record…maybe even a podium.

1 Like

Hop Along and Exploding Hearts are my favorites of the ones that have been revealed thus far.

There’s really no going wrong in this category.

1 Like

i’m trying hard not to jinx myself

1 Like

In 6th place earning 6 points

The Walkmen - On The Water

A little darker and gloomy in its sound, but just a really beautiful song.

2 Likes