Walrus 13: Reveal!!

btw this was the corny bullshit I was referring to earlier

not nearly as cringe as I remember though

1 Like

I almost submitted that song for the cross-genre category. Instead, I chose a song that apparently didn’t cross genres at all, and scored a sweet 1 point.

1 Like

Lol, stop hating on my kesha track. Just hating because it crushed that category

No, I’m not hating, I think she’s a great songwriter.

I am saying that she was the secret weapon for Meb and if you didn’t know that it’s a hell of a pull.

3 Likes

You should’ve, it’s way better than I remember.

I enjoy that every time I read a category intro like this I think, “nice, sounds like they liked my entry!” And it’s only about ten minutes later I even consider that maybe mine isn’t one of the ones they’re referring to.

This time though it’s in the bag, absolutely no chance @anon29622970 isn’t talking about mine. It’s bloody great!

4 Likes

Had no clue, tbh. I figured it was a big change of sound for her and it was a collaboration with sturgill Simpson so I was all over the qualifiers.

This time I liked every entry so you’re right and you still might finish last!

1 Like

I spent more time deliberating over the rankings of this category than any other. I knew this was gonna be crazy tough just from the initial preview of the submissions.

Starting in 15 minutes

@m_hood115 @goofyballer @FuncrusherPlus @MrWookie @cassette @6ix @pyatnitski

1 Like

@Pauwl @MysteryConman @Rivaldo @R.C

Hype.

Shit, I have to run a couple errands right now, so I’ll probably not be here for when my amazing submission gets last place.

2 Likes

So I actually have two guesses as to what your submission is. One ranked really high and the other really low. 50/50 shot imo

It’s either great or it isn’t.

2 Likes

In 11th place earning 1 point

The Exploding Hearts - I’m a Pretender

Yikes, reading up on the wikipedia on this band is pretty tragic with ¾ of the band dying in a car accident shortly after their debut album. This is a solid poppy punk rock song that’s a good category fit. Shows potential that probably would have been better with more time to explore their musical careers.

So yeah, I actually really liked this submission and it finished last if that gives you an idea of what this category is going to be like.

1 Like

FUCK

7 Likes

Really?!

Of course

I like it.