Walrus 13: Reveal!!

love that video concept

Postseason baseball, a presidential debate, and a walrus reveal? I’m glad to not have to leave the internet tonight!

3 Likes

Its from the film “Baraka.” Free on the webz somewhere. You will dig it.

2 Likes

In 6th place earning 6 points

Tony Anderson - Eyes Wide Open

This song suffers for many of the same reasons as the previous one. Pure electronic instrumental music really isn’t my thing. Again, I at least see how this song is a solid category fit though, and I enjoyed this listen a bit more than the Aphex Twin song. Although at times this reminded me of what someone might have for a cell phone ring tone.

I’ve watching this exact video alot recently. I love it!

With that, we will now be entering what I call the good half in the top 5. Every song left is one that I felt like both fit the category well and I really enjoyed listening to. So great job to everyone left!

4 Likes

I’m the number 1 of the bottom half! Meb disliked mine the least out of the ones he didn’t like.

1 Like

You just equated the James Brown of electronic music with a ringtone. Actually, even less than that.

Yeah, not sticking around to hear what you have to say about Miles.

1 Like

In 5th place earning 7 points

Ben Howard - Oats in the Water

A pleasant listen, 4 out of 5 stars, would recommend listening to again. Just didn’t quite hit me as much as the songs ahead of it. I saw this was used in an episode of the walking dead and that makes sense to me based on what I remember of the show.

Top 5, let’s go!

Still alive. Posting to jinx myself.

In 4th Place earning 8 points

Eva Cassidy - Ain’t No Sunshine

Love this song and this is an excellent cover! Didn’t rank higher though due to the fact that I already know this song quite well, and the Bill Withers version will always be the GOAT.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen your song yet, congrats you made the podium of the first category! These 3 were all a cut above the rest.

2 Likes

In 3rd place earning 9 points

Bossfight - Overdose

I’m gonna start out by saying this was a flat out gutsy submission for this category. I assume you knew you were likely either gonna nodium or place highly with this one, but for me it really works. Somehow crosses emotional ballad, with punk rock, hardcore, and electronic banger, but it all really works. While this didn’t win the category overall, you win for most surprising submission.

2 Likes

In 2nd Place earning 10 points

Low - Pissing

This is a song that had me hooked from the first listen. Due to the category, I wanted to base a lot of the judging purely on the emotion I felt when listening to each song for the first time, and this one hit it out of the park. Weirdly evoked thoughts of a Fleet Foxes song but much grander and epic in nature for me.

1 Like

That’s mine. Glad you liked it.

2 Likes

Your Category Champion! 1st Place earning 11 points

The Middle East - Blood

On my first listen, I’m sitting here thinking alright this is a really solid submission with some pretty deeply emotional content in the lyrics. Cool, but still feel like it needs something more. And then boom, the emotional rise late in the song was just enough to put it over the top, and ok you got me in all the feels. This song also won for being the one that I most wanted to go back to and immediately listen to again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reveal! I’ll check some of these out tonight.

2 Likes

Older brother, restless soul, lie down. Lie for a while with your ear against the earth.

3 Likes

11 - @R.C
10 - ?
9 - @Pauwl
8 - @Rivaldo
7 - @FuncrusherPlus
6 - @MysteryConman
5 - @m_hood115
4 - ?
3 - @goofyballer
2 - @cassette
1 - @6ix

Did I get anything wrong? And does anyone know the 2 I’m missing.

2 Likes