Walrus 13: Reveal!!

lol postgame analysis in 10

Great song m hood. Clearly the person to beat now.

I don’t even care about the score but I do feel shame at my low effort entry.

Let’s all post some mulligans now.

1 Like

1 Like

I know post modern music is a bit of a cheat but this song probably segues rock riffs and beats better than anything I know…and star wars blasters.

1 Like

1 last one.

1 Like

that heavy guitar riff in the middle is Slayer. the start of it anyway

There is a drum and bass mix of multiple Slayer tracks and it’s done fairly tastefully from, somewhat unexpectedly, a guy who is a musical wizard and makes deep, textured, cinematic downtempo beats.

1 Like

Hey @Rivaldo , while you are here. Do you know these metal licks that kickoff the intro to this absolute fucking burner?

1 Like

lol Angel of Theft! Samplers that cleanse you and revive!

1 Like

I did once own a copy of this limited edition vinyl but sold it. Having the “Amen” break running underneath it is kinda cool but this record is mainly a novelty.

Do you recognize the guitar at the beginning of the Run The Jewels track? So simple but so well placed.

nope. can’t place it

Could be original. Jaime and Mike are huge metal heads. I hope I’m on the earth long enough to brush up on some classic metal i.e. listening to all the Black Sabbath and Slayer discogs.

1 Like

there’s so much out there to be discovered, no doubt

Category 5 reveal will be Wednesday night.

Category 6 reveal will likely be Thursday night to wrap things up but that one might change.

2 Likes

In hindsight I was pretty polarized here too but then after a few picks I realized it was right up Meb’s alley and was wondering what it could possibly lose to. Then I saw the name Ke$ha lol.

1 Like

de la soul are never polarizing. they are beloved by all

1 Like

But the rap-rock collaborations songs of that era are imo, and that one is unique in that it doesn’t go the hard rock route. So either it’d sound corny and dumb or sound amazing (which it does lol).

It’s on the Judgment Night Soundtrack, and part of me thought the submissions would all be from there.

Never heard of it before. Hey, Stephen’s in it!