Walrus 13: Reveal!!

I’m holding strong

@pauwl you still in?

Yessir, I am.

Alright, we know who 3 of the final 4 are then.

Goofyballer consistently top 5 but hasn’t been top 2 yet.

1 Like

In 4th place earning 8 points

Tinariwen ft Kurt Vile & Mark Lanegan - Nannuflay

You get this round’s award for most surprising submission. I wouldn’t really find myself likely coming back to this sort of music much if ever, but I at least found this to be very interesting on first listen and a great fit for the category. Your creativity won you the high ranking this round.

Gravity Rides Everything is one of my top favorites of any genre but I dig why people might not rate it as high.

I was so disappointed by that album but it’d make for some interesting submissions.

Disagree, straight banger for me. I feel like my musical tastes and yours have this weird near synergy but a lot of the stuff you submit juuuust kind of misses for me for some reason or other but this one was awesome.

Pauwl has submitted Kurt Vile before so probably him

1 Like

Nope. I love Kurt Vile though.

I’m either nodium or podium in this Walrus so far.

2 Likes

I’m still fighting, let’s go!

@6ix still in? If so the whole top 3 is here

holla

That was me at #11. Instrumental only…I knew I was doomed in this category once you posted that there was strong competition.

1 Like

@m_hood115 will be tied with @goofyballer for first with a 3rd place finish in this category or takes over first with a top 2 finish.

Oooooooooooohhhhhh, it’s going down!

@m_hood115 and @6ix both trying to become first 2 category winner

I like it-- it and “Paper Thin Walls” were my intro to the album-- but just not as much as some of the other tracks. There’s not a bad track on the album, really.

Interesting. It was one of those albums I loved when it came out, lost interest in with time, and eventually revisited and discovered it still slaps.

Unrelated, if you liked the Modest Mouse article, I did a huge article series on music of the 2000s. Posted it pretty early in this thread.

1 Like

In 3rd place earning 9 points

La Sera - High Notes

An Indie Rock band performing a country song. I did tell you at the outset that I hate country right? That said, this actually isn’t bad and is way more listenable than normal country music. You might even get me to eventually like country if it all sounded like this.

3 Likes

lol the kid is still in

and i gotta run to the corner store before 9pm

1 Like

This is mine. lol

1 Like