Walrus 13: Reveal!!

what was the category?

best collaboration with a former N-Sync member?

what’s a chart?

1 Like

my favorite band hasn’t even formed yet

1 Like

It was meant to be like a mediocre to good song with a great part but the way I worded it lead to people interpreting it different ways, such as “terrible song with a great part.”

In 6th place earning 6 points

Pixies - Rock Music

Basically the Pixies take on Thrash Metal. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like this song was meant to be a parody of how they viewed Metal.

1 Like

Oh i remember; I liked that category idea but was too late entering.

1 Like

I’d put “Lives” as my favorite, probably followed by “Dark Center of the Universe.” Then “3rd Planet” and “Life Like Weeds.” I also have a lot of affection for “Tiny Cities Made of Ashes.”

Lol, I thought it was crossover, but early 90s R&B / New Jack Swing is so entwined with the hip-hop of the era that I really didn’t think of them as genre-crossing.

I should’ve picked something from Basement Jaxx’s Kish Kash, which is loaded with a bunch of guest singers who do not generally do their form of kitchen-sink dance-club music-- ranging as wide as Dizzee Rascal to Siouxsie Sioux to J.C. Chasez to M’Shell Ndegeocello.

Shit, I shoulda picked Ween’s “It’s Gonna Be a Long Night,” which is basically their take on Motörhead.

1 Like

Nope

lol am i really gonna fuck around and get another 1st?

the last two categories were my other cheat codes

1 Like

Interesting!

@6ix you might enjoy this

I know where you’re from, but where do you belong?: Modest Mouse, THE MOON & ANTARCTICA

1 Like

I always forget “Night On The Sun” is a non album cut.

Maybe my submission was stronger than I initially expected.

In 5th place earning 7 points

Karma Fields ft. Talib Kweli - Greatness

A nice mixture of Hip Hop over a strong electronic backing track. Great category fit, but I just didn’t personally find this song as interesting as the ones I ranked above it.

3 Likes

i’m gonna bubble podium it smells like that

1 Like

Won’t lie I used PIxies and really mailed this category in. This Kweli track making me wish I wouldve used the housish track off of Anderson Paak’s “Malibu.”

1 Like

Assuming @6ix and @m_hood115 still alive. No idea who else as a lot of spots haven’t been claimed.

I submitted “Rock Music”

1 Like

11 @MysteryConman
10 @cassette
9 @R.C
6 @FuncrusherPlus
5 @goofyballer
3 @Pauwl