Walrus 13: Reveal!!

Dramamine is definitely top 3. They are the quintessential indie band to me.

There are like four tracks from TMAA that make 2nd place but I have 1st locked up.

late 90s tho, angleshot!

Night on the Sun 12" single is one of my favorite records of all time. Cover art is really special and b side “Suspension of Disbelief.” Their sonics are just legendary.

Being 20 years ahead of your time has to count for something.

I didnt know rc was nath. I’m pretty sure i’m still facebook friends with you lol. 2007 was weird

1 Like

In 10th place earning 2 points

Nomeansno - Stocktaking

An ok listen, but I guess I was looking for something that is more of a departure from what a band would normally sound like. I will admit this is the first time I’d ever heard this band so I was a bit in the dark, but in my research this seems like something they would normally do. Ultimately not something I would find myself listening to much either.

1 Like

Damn, that’s me. Legendary track from a legendary band, imo.

1 Like

I get what you were going for in that they naturally blend a couple different genres of music, but unfortunately wasn’t quite what I was going for. Tough category to judge.

1 Like

I’m guessing twangy guitars over a synthetic electronic beat.

I had the corniest example of this OAT but decided not to triple reverse troll the category.

This means you’re still in right? On your way to first given your track record.

In 9th place earning 3 points

Ween - Japanese Cowboy

Definitely qualifies as genre crossing with this being heavily country from an alt rock band. Unfortunately this song kinda represents everything I hate about country music.

1 Like

I wonder if anyone used Blondie’s “Rapture” in this category.

sheeeeeeeit

maybe?

nah, i feel middle of the pack with my bland submission

There’s def gonna be at least 1 post country entry. I thought about using a Lord Huron track.

2 Likes

I was wondering if someone would submit Lord Huron for the emotional song category

i still have nightmares of that video

Fuck I shouldve used Khruangbin. Still my favorite album of the past 2 years.

NOW HE ONLY EATS GUITARS

Well, good question. Either “Letter From an Occupant” or “Sing Me Spanish Techno,” I’d say.

1 Like