Walrus 13: Reveal!!

Alot of dubstep and trap beats have bpms that are arbitrary in nature. They might technically be 160 bpm but they play in halftime.

Gotcha. I probably would have come up with a better answer if “BPM” was a more clear criterion, because that is important to my conception of a banger too. (Ref. Other Site’s “Bangers Draft” when low-BPM “Party in the USA” went #1 and everyone else raved over it.)

More generally, a banger is what most people might think of as a club song, although not all bangers are club songs and not all club songs are bangers. It should make you feel like you’re listening to a banger at the club, though-- high energy, fun and exciting, going to the dance floor, etc.

Right, that’s what I was getting at.

And, 160 is also “slow” enough that people who don’t hear it at half-time can still vibe to it.

i dig the bromance brewing here

I’ve legitimately enjoyed every Pitbull track I’ve heard. Which might only be 2 or 3, but still.

That’s what makes it interesting imo. If it was “Pitbull objectively sucks, you’re obv joking” that’d be boring.

Meb said for everbody to love everbody.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

wait

banger or no:

banger or no:

yeah the irony involved is so 2020 right?

1 Like

Like,

despite the making-of vid literally being named this,

I would’ve said it’s not a banger, though I really like it, but apparently it is a banger?

I got Ke$ha’s hook in Timber as lame enough to ruin the whole song, even if Pitbull’s portion is pretty bangin’.

Lame is the new banging after enough meta levels of irony but you have to hack through a jungle to get there.

1 Like

wait wat

@anon29622970 confirm

“Raved” is debatable, but it did go #1 overall and was met with at least lukewarm positive approval.

1 Like

It definitely should not have gone #1. But if you’re a fan of the Pitbull conundrum, that entire thread is an exercise in trying to figure out what level people are on.

1 Like

Blasphemy!

Next is my favorite.

I’m thinking roughly 7:30 PM CT for tonight’s reveal. Sorry that it is probably too late for any euros.

I don’t think I’m actually ready for the Pitbull conundrum. I’m not saying there’s a correct definition of banger and not saying whether specific tracks are good or bad; I’m still just trying to get a handle on what exactly this definition is.

This “Party In The USA” business is yet another wrinkle!