Walrus 13: Reveal!!

From my brief preview of the submissions for that category, I think it’s going to be another stacked category where some good submissions will be forced to rank lower than they deserve.

who me?

bro i’m not a nerd i’m a total jock

that’s a low RPM reply if i ever saw one

2 Likes

This shit is lit. I would have ranked this #1 for sure. Raised the hair on my arms. Got Damn. Only thing banging as hard as this for me lately:

RTJ4 “Walking In The Snow.”
“Get Your Booty To The Polls”
Girl Unit “Pull Up” (this is older but recently heard in a tnght mix)

2 Likes

Middle age burnout bout to roll through the burbs with this blastin and my dog ridin dirty.

1 Like

When I actually went through the Haversford playlist I ate some crow. I wanted to submit this originally but I went with a track that had MASSIVE influence on bangers for years to come.

This shit makes me wanna hurt stuff.

2 Likes

Actually, lol, here was my first reaction and something I’m not faking being interested in enough to write a bunch of words about, and I kinda want you to do an All BANGERS Walrus in the future because,

that’s literally my only acquired wisdom!

This is the only Walrus category ever where after seeing the reveal I’m more confused than before. It’s a delicious mystery.

Ironically, maybe the only other piece of acquired wisdom is that we actually maybe have similar tastes and if I shared what I personally thought were BANGERS you’d maybe love them… But who the hell knows!

I was playing this category as a meta-Lodden-Thinks: What does Contestent think Meb thinks Tom Haverford (Tom of the show in that era or current post-show fictional Tom aged accordingly? Hmm… I went with the former) thinks…

Hence, Glamorous by Fergie.

And then you said you personally don’t like Fergie and I was like well aw sheeit there goes that. That tune doesn’t mean much to me either! But corny ass Tom in the club shouting IF U AINT GOT NO MONEY TAKE UR BROKE ASS HOME is quintessential Tom. Imho obv.

2 Likes

First place is definitely a banger, didn’t really care for most of the rest unfortunately but hey it’s not my walrus.

Well it definitely bangs, I enjoyed it, but is it a BANGER?

1 Like

ahaha i’m so confused and i love it

Still confused. Are bangers just stripper music?

Not exactly, but… well, if we’re specifying Tom Haverford, they are the kind of music a guy who goes to strip clubs because he thinks that’s cool to do listens to all the time.

1 Like

1 Like

Is it fair to say that you can twerk to non-banger songs but if you can’t twerk to it then it’s definitely not a banger?

I would’ve thought so but this reveal, uh, reveals it’s actually not ironic and meta like that.

Fuck, I should’ve posted this. I didn’t get my entries in until last minute because I couldn’t think of any good ideas, and now that the thing is going on, I’m remembering songs that would have been better submissions.

I don’t see anything ironic in what I said?

Ironic in the sense that Meb doesn’t actually like all of them and is just vibing on what Tom might like.

1 Like

p.s.

1 Like

The true answer to that question is that I actually like Pitbull. He is literally the King of bangers! I definitely do play up how much I like Pitbull in a slightly satirical manner.

I can’t imagine anyone listening to these and not being in a good mood.

1 Like